.TWENTY EIGHT 🌱.

Josh's P.O.V
We've been on the run for two months now. Two months of being on constant high alert and switching houses every week or so. Luckily enough for us there were still plenty of empty houses to stay in. We were almost caught once because they found us in the night but ever since then we've had a lookout at night.

That's what I'm doing right now; on lookout duty, gun by my side, head resting on my hand and staring out the window sleepily. I'm on the first shift so in an hour or so I'll wake Jaden up and he can take the next shift.

Jaden only had around two more random nightmares since the first and the last one was a while ago but somethings up with Anthony. There's something he's not telling me, I can tell from the way he's acting, it's not as lively as normal. I don't want to push him but if he keeps acting this way then I'll talk to him.

Kio and Griffin have been the same as always except I can tell Griffins more stressed than usual with all this moving around and stuff. Kio tries to calm him down and it works most of the time. None of the rest of us can make a dent in his mood if he's like that, it's only Kio who can do it.

Over the past two months Quinton has worked his ass off trying to create a cure. He's definitely on to something but most of the time he won't go to sleep until the early morning because he's so caught up in thinking about it. Either Bryce comes in and drags him to bed but even then he lies awake for hours, or Blake falls asleep first because in order for Quinton to do the research he wants, he needs Blake because of his immunity. We can all see the dark circles under his eyes from the sleep deprivation. We've all got them from constant moving and missing out on sleep but Quinton's are the most prominent.

Blake and Noah seem like the only two in the whole house who are actually doing alright aside from the whole 'wanted' situation. They seem genuinely happy whenever they're around each other and it always makes me happy to see them so happy with each other. I think it improves all our moods but we don't notice it.

I haven't really been keeping track but I believe we're somewhere in the west of North Carolina. We only just got to the house we're in currently yesterday after we had to pack up quickly because we heard voices in the woods.

I used to be so desperate to see more uninfected people but now we can't trust anyone.

I stared at the moon as it glowed high in the night sky, the stars looked like white paint splattered on dark coloured paper. I haven't really got to admire the little things recently because we've been going so fast paced but now I'm here and alone I can finally admire the pretty sky.

That is until I hear a creak from down the hallway. I immediately reach for my gun.

"Josh it's me!" The person whisper yelled while holding up their hands quickly. They stepped into the moonlight and I relaxed.

"Oh hey Q, why aren't you asleep." I asked as I quietly shuffled over to allow him to sit beside me on the window ledge. He sat down and sighed.

"Couldn't sleep." Is all he said. I nodded in understanding and we sat quietly for a moment looking out the window.

"I didn't want to wake Bryce because I've already cost him so much sleep from constantly waking him just because I can't fall asleep." He said after a while. "I hope I'm not being annoying coming out here?" He looked at me.

"No not at all, it's pretty lonely being lookout anyway." I brushed it off and he looked relieved. "Is it the cure that's bothering you?"