Chapter 1

The sun goes down the stars come out, and all that counts is here and now, the universe will never be the same, I'm glad you came.

My alarm went off waking me up. Great another day of Hayes beating on me. I hope you notice my Sarcasm, cause if you don't that's just sad. I slowly get out of bed, and walk into my closet. I picked out a coral crop top that said 'Yup totally' and a pair of acid washed high waisted shorts. I grabbed my black vans, then quickly ran to the bathroom, before my brother could use it.

I did a ladder braid in my hair, then did my make up, which was only mascara and eyeliner. "Dude hurry up!" My brother's friend Nathan said banging on the door. "You do know that Max is downstairs right?" I asked rolling my eyes. All of my brother's friends have a crush on me. It's kind of awkward when ever they stay the night, because they always try to get me to play games with them or just hang out.

"Sorry babe." He replied "I'm not your babe." I mumbled, so he couldn't hear me. I walked out, then went back to my room to put everything in my backpack. "Hey, do you want to walk with Nathan and I, or have Mia drive you?" Max asked with his toothbrush hanging out of his mouth. Mia is our older sister, who really couldn't careless about us. "Is that even a question?" I laughed grabbing my stuff then walked down to the kitchen to make myself so chocolate chip waffles.

"I want some." Max whined like a little baby, even though he's older than me. "Then make some lazy butt." He groaned, then lazily put the waffles in the toaster. I just shook my head while he turned around and leaned against the counter. "Do you think Mom and Dad are ever gonna come back?" He asked looking down at his feet. "I don't know." Our parents left us 2 months ago to go on 'Vacation' But they never came back, and every time we try to talk to them, they just ignore us, we know that they are still alive, because yesterday Max called our dad, and he accidentally answered it, and before Max had a chance to talk, he hung up.

*POP!* His Waffles, popped up, so he grabbed them, and we walked out the door. We waited about 5 minutes for Nathan to catch up with us, then we were on our way to our middle school. Since Max is only 7 months older than me, because i was born early, he's in the same grade as me. Just like everyday, Hayes and his friend Joshua come out of his house, and start walking behind us.

Like usual Max was giving me a piggyback ride, because why not? "Oh look, it's the Princess, getting her brother to carry her to school." Joshua said pissing off Nathan. "Shut the hell up." He angrily said to him. "Aw look she even has stupid little Nathan sticking up for here." Hayes said Making Max turn around and start yelling at him. I just looked everywhere else, besides Hayes or Joshua.

Hayes' Pov...

To be completely honest, i hate bullying Justine, I know it's dumb that i do it anyways, but what she probably doesn't realize because she always closes her eyes when my friends are beating on her, is that i haven't laid a hand on her since 6th grade when it all started, i kicked her leg once, but that was it. She thinks that i physically hurt her still, because i will fake kick her so she thinks that it is me, because my leg swings towards her, then she closes her eyes, i never really touch her.

And everytime i try to talk to her to let her know that i haven't left any of the bruises on her body, she either walks away, or her brother and his friends get in the way. And i don't watch my friends hurt her either, i actually walk away when they start. I try to tell a teacher, but i just can't. The worst thing now, is that Nash is now dating her awful sister Mia, I swear she doesn't even act like they exist, she just ignores them, I don't see what Nash sees in her anyways, she really isn't that pretty. Justine and Max are probably the only attractive kids their parents have.