A Bright Day

A few weeks ago.

Ein sits alone, dead campfire to his left as he leans back in his green plastic beach chair. The sun is glowing bright in the sky, directly above him, but it's okay, he's got sunglasses and his hat on. An old western book rests in his hands.

*Clump*

He closes the book, then sets it on the patch of dirt below the chair, he doesn't feel like reading right now.

(Oh friend, how I miss you.)
He thinks looking at the horizon.

As his dark green crystal shines, a voice is heard.

"I miss you too, Einball."

Heh, allow me to introduce the side of Ein's Crystal that you've never seen, and yes I've planned this from the start.

It shines even brighter, enough so that he can't see anything but green. Then suddenly-

Passive Ability. Peaceful Flashback.

"You ready for our date?"
A slim, tall blonde man asks in front of him.

Ein chuckles, rolling his eyes, before hitting the man in the shoulder softly.

"Mary, you ready, or are you giving birth in there?
The man says.

"Oh shush. I'm not that far along!" A woman's voice yells back.

"Maybe by the time she's ready, she will be." Ein quietly says with a cheeky smirk.

Bright laughs.

"I heard that!"

His (B) eyes widen, looking to Ein as if to say "you're dead."

Then, a woman with a cheery smile on her face approaches behind Ein.
Her hair is put up like an old actress named Rosalind Russell, who I discovered while looking into old timey hairstyles for this chapter, and now have a crush. Lol. On her body, she wears a very stereotypical 50's suburban pink and white polka-dot dress, her favorite outfit. And in her stomach, Senid's soon to be deadbeat mom about 6 months along.

"How are you Bright?"
She says.

"Certainly very good. And you?"

She grabs onto Ein's arm, wrapping her arms around it.

"Very good as well 😊"

"Well, you both look it tonight."

They do look nice. Ein is wearing a tan jacket with a black tie under it. Even at 19, he still dressed like an old man.

The 3 of them climb into Bright's car (which is Flo from the Car's movies, but a lime green) and head to the center of town.

"It's packed."
Mary says in awe, as she gazes upon the hundreds of people in front of her.

Hey, what do you expect from an amusement park in the middle of summer?

They all step out of the car, well actually Bright hops over his door, then start walking towards the entrance.

(What.. what is that?)
Bright thinks, hearing something.

Ein and Mary go into the craziness, Bright says he'll meet up with them. First, he's got to inspect the noise.

Half a block down the street, sits the opening of an alleyway. As he gets closer, the words he's heard dozens of times before become louder.

On the ground, a frail teen lays as feet from above slam down on him repeatedly. Three older men stand there, 1 with a casual tan trenchcoat, 1 has a charcoal colored cap, and the last wears a black vest with a white, long sleeved shirt under.