S I X

A/N:  REMEMBER THE STORYLINE WONT ALWAYS ALIGN WITH THAT OF THE ORIGINAL HARRY POTTER STORYLINE
-

We waited until night time to go visit Hagrid. We ran as fast we could to avoid getting caught by Filch. When we got to Hagrid's hut we started knocking until he opened the door wearin an apron and oven mitts.

"Hagrid!" Harry said.

"Oh, hello, sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today," he said beginning to close the door.

"We know about the Philosopher's Stone!" We yelled causing Hagrid to open the door again.

"Oh," Hagrid says as he lets us in.

"We think Snape's trying to steal it," Harry said.

"Well he thinks it's Snape but I just don't think he'd be capable," I said.

"Snape? Blimey, yer not still on about him, are yeh?" Hagrid told Harry.

"Hagrid, I know he's after the Stone, I just don't know why," Hagrid said.

"Snape is one of the teachers protecting the Stone, He's not about to steal it," Hagrid said.

"See I told you Snape wasn't gonna be the one," I said.

"What?" Hagrid said.

"You heard right, Come on, now, I'm a bit preoccupied today," Hagrid said.

"Wait a minute," Ron said.

"One of the teachers?" Ron said. 

"Of course! There are other things defending the Stone, aren't there? Spells, enchantments," Hermione said.

"That's right, waste of bloody time, if yeh ask me," Hagrid said.

"Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy, Ain't a soul knows how, except for me and Dumbledore...I shouldn't have told you that...I should not have told you that," Hagrid said.

A cauldron over a fire began to rattle.

"Oh!" Hagrid said as he hurried over and grabbed something.

"Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!" He said placing an egg on the table.

"Uh, Hagrid, what exactly is that?" I asked.

"That? It's a... it's, um..." Hagrid said.

"I know what that is! But, Hagrid, how did you get one?" Ron said.

"I won it! Off a stranger I met down at a pub, seemed quite glad to be rid of it, as a matter of fact," Hagrid said.

The egg rattled and cracked open. As pieces flew off; a small baby dragon emerges. It squeaked and slipped on an egg piece.

"Is that... a dragon?" Hermione said.

"That's not just a dragon! That's a Norwegian Ridgeback! My brother Charlie works with these in Romania," Ron said.

"Isn't he beautiful? Oh, bless him, Look, he knows his mummy, Hallo, Norbert," Hagrid said looking at the dragon.

"Norbert?" Harry said.

"Yeah, well, he's gotta have a name, don't he?" Hagrid said.

"Don't you, Norbert?" Hagrid said as he raised his fingers back and forth across Norbert's chin.

Norbert backed away, only for seconds later small hiccups causing him to blast a small fireball into Hagrid's beard.

"Ohh!" Hagrid said as he quickly patted out the smolders in his beard.