9 The Man With the Gun

September 16th

We'd found our way to a trailer park that sat in the middle of a field. After tying up our horses at the entrance, we walked inside. There were a couple of muggles who didn't pay us any mind, which made it easy for us to search through each trailer in hopes of a full meal.

"Found some," Harry said, from inside of the trailer across from Hermione and I.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Does it matter?" Hermione ran over, the locket around her neck as she took the loaf of bread from him, grabbing a knife to cut it into pieces.

"Anything else?" I asked, entering.

"Some deli meat. We could make sandwiches. Do you want salami, pepperoni, or chicken?" Hermione asked as she cut the bread.

"Chicken is fine, thanks," I sat down next to Ron in the tiny kitchen. Hermione handed us our sandwiches, sitting down.

We ate in silence.

"What in fucks name are you lot doing in my trailer?" a deep, angry voice growled from behind us. He held a gun, the barrel pointed right at us.

"Woah, woah, we're sorry, we're um, homeless and haven't had a meal in weeks, we'll be leaving now," I stammered, holding my hands up as we walked out of the trailer, the last bites of our sandwiches still inside.

"You're damn right, now get out and never come back, you hear me?" he shrieked, motioning for us to leave. As soon as we were out of sight we began running, hiding behind another trailer.

"That was terrifying," Hermione panted.

"You don't say?" Ron stammered.

We ran back to the horses, saddling up, then began to ride.

"Where did you say we were going, Harry?" I asked him. He was sitting behind me. Hermione rode the other, Ron sitting behind her.

"I didn't," he answered.

"How bloody helpful," I grumbled.

September 23rd

The horses had been quite helpful, but they were two more mouths to feed. We found as much wheat and hay as we could at farms, but eventually we reached more modern towns, so we had to leave them behind.

We ended up camping under an abandoned bridge, the sky gray as I stood with Harry.

"When do you think Ron will be able to apparate?" I asked as we walked.

"I bloody hope it's soon, I'm getting really tired of this," he mumbled.

"We need an actual plan, we can't just keep going from place to place like this," I said.

"I'm well aware of that, thanks," he walked off, leaving me alone.

November 21st

Our tent now lay in the midst of the mountains, the sun shining across the glimmering lakes and rivers that surrounded us. We still hadn't made any damn progress.

Ron laid down in his bed as Hermione cut Harry's hair. I nearly burst out laughing when she was done.

"Is it that bad?" he asked me.

"It looks great," I snorted, looking at Hermione.

"Don't tell him," she whispered.

"Yeah, yeah it looks amazing," I couldn't hold back my giggling any longer.

"Thanks, Hermione," he rolled his eyes, getting out of the chair.

"At least I didn't do it, I would've cut it bad on purpose," I said.