29 - The Weasley's

*Warning: put on your saddest music because this chapter made me cry! I highly recommend listening to the night we met (slowed) on YouTube while reading 😀*

DRACO'S POV

I was walking through the corridors with Blaise when my ring began to glow.

"I can't believe Goyle's gone," Blaise said quietly.

I stopped in my tracks.

"You alright, mate?" Blaise stood in front of me, a concerned look on his face.

"She's in danger," I looked at the ring on my hand.

"Of course she is, we all are. It's war," Blaise exclaimed.

The ring turned black.

Why did it turn fucking black?

My heart began to race, my breathing shallow.

I can't breathe. I can't fucking breathe.

Why the fuck did it turn black?

"We need to go, right now," I grabbed Blaise's arm, and we began to run. We were cut off by a voice. His voice. It filled our ears as he spoke.

You have all performed valiantly, but in vain.

I do not wish this.

Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste.

I therefore command my forces to retreat.

In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity.

Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you.

On this night you have allowed your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself.

There is no greater dishonor.

Join me in the forbidden forest and confront your fate.

If you don't do this, I will kill every last man, woman and child who tries to conceal you.

And it was over. I uncovered my ears.

"We have to find her, now," I panted, my voice breaking.

"Alright, let's go," Blaise grabbed my arm, and we ran straight to the main corridor. People gave us strange looks, evil looks even, as they watched us walk into the great hall. I looked in horror at all of the dead spread out on the floor. Some being friends, acquaintances, professors.

And that's when I saw Ginny Weasley crying.

Over two dead bodies, not one.

She glanced at me and began to sob harder, heart wrenching wails leaving her lips as she crumbled to the ground.

"I'm so sorry," she bawled, looking up at me.

"No," I whispered.

I couldn't look. I hadn't looked yet. I wasn't going to.

Fuck, I glanced.

"No," I whimpered again, walking closer.

The one to the right was Fred Weasley. And the one to the left.. I couldn't say it.

This can't be happening.

God, no, please.

Please, I can't lose her.

I can't live without her.

I can't breathe.

I can't fucking breathe.

I crumbled to the ground next to Ginny, my breathing ragged as I stared at her dead body.

My angel.

My screams filled the corridor as I bawled into her chest, her limp hand in mine, my tears soaking her sweater.

"No, no, please," I sobbed. I didn't care if people stared. I didn't care if people thought I was weak.

My heart had shattered into a million fucking pieces, and she wasn't here to fix it.

"Don't you dare fucking leave me," I screamed, punching into the hard brick floor next to her, my fists beginning to bleed, the skin on my knuckles raw.

Too many times had I watched her stand in the face of danger, death's wicked eyes staring into hers; yet every time, she stood her ground unafraid, allowing death's wrap to slowly engulf around her.

And this time, after countless times before, death had succeeded.

"Please," I whimpered, tears falling down my cheeks as I cupped her cheek with my hand. And then something happened I would never forget in a million years.

Ginny Weasley reached over and hugged me.

And I hugged her back.

The both of us crumpled, crying, a fucking mess on the floor, hugging each other so tightly our ribs might crack.

And through my tear blurred eyes, I watched Ron, Hermione, and Harry walk into the corridor, viewing the heartbreaking scene of Ginny Weasley and I holding each other on the cold, hard ground; and they knew it could only mean one thing.

"No, no, stop," Hermione yelled, "please this has to be some sort of joke," she whimpered, running over to us, sitting opposite to Ginny and I. She covered her mouth, looking away, her eyes squeezed shut as she cried into Harry's shoulder.

Ron cried curled up in a ball over Fred, sobbing into his jacket before hugging his distressed Mother.

And at this very moment, I realized I'd never had a true family. Not compared to the Weasley's. They'd lost a son and a close friend, their bodies limp next to each other.

"You can't fucking leave me, please, you're all I have left," I wailed, my voice breaking as I held tightly onto her hand.

"I was going to propose to you," I whispered, shutting my eyes in defeat.

"Come here boy," I heard a somber voice behind me.

I looked up to see Mrs. Weasley, her arms open, tears streaming down her cheeks.

And I allowed myself to stand up. To wrap my arms around her. To be in her motherly embrace. To cry into her shoulder.

"I didn't just lose a son, you know," she sniffled.

"I lost a daughter."