20 - Hideous

Harry handed the first wand to Mr. Ollivander, which was Bellatrix's. He studied it in his hands carefully.

"Walnut, dragon heartstring, twelve and three quarter inches, unyielding... This is the wand of Bellatrix LeStrange. Treat it carefully," he said, nearly at a whisper. Harry took it back, handing him Draco's wand.

"Hawthorn, unicorn hair, ten inches, reasonably pliant... This was the wand of Draco Malfoy," Mr. Ollivander said curiously.

"Was? Is it still not?" I asked him.

"Well perhaps not, if you won it from him. I sense it's allegiance has changed," Mr. Ollivander exclaimed.

"He didn't win it, he stole it," I said through gritted teeth, looking Harry dead in the eye.

"In some cases wands change allegiances easier than others. It also depends on the wand owner's intention with that person. If their intention is bad, the wand knows not to switch allegiances. If it is not..." Mr. Ollivander's voice trailed off. He handed the wand back to Harry.

"You talk about wands as if they have feelings, as if they can think," Harry exclaimed.

"The wand chooses the wizard Mr. Potter. That much has always been clear to those of us who have studied wand lore," Mr. Ollivander smiled.

"And what do you know about the deathly hallows?" Harry asked him.

He took a big sigh. "It is rumored there are three. The elder wand, the cloak of invisibility to hide you from your enemies, and the resurrection stone to bring back loved ones from the dead. Together, they make one the master of death. But few truly believe that such objects exist," Ollivander exclaimed.

He had hesitated at elder wand.

"Do you? Do you believe they exist?" Harry asked him.

"Well, well I- I um, don't see reason to put stock into an old fairytale," Ollivander stuttered.

"You're lying. You know one exists, you told him about it. You told him about the elder wand, and where he could go looking for it," Harry stammered.

"He tortured me. And I only told of conveyed rumors, boy. There's no telling whether he will find it," Ollivander said.

"He has found it, Sir," Harry exclaimed.

"We'll let you rest," I sighed sympathetically. We began to walk out of the room, but were stopped at the door.

"If what you say is true, about the elder wand, I'm afraid you really don't stand a chance," he whispered.

Harry just nodded, leading us out of the room.

"I'm going to bloody murder you, Harry Potter," I slammed the door, shoving my wand in his face.

"I had to, we needed extra," Harry whined.

"You didn't need to, you just hate him," I yelled.

"Woah woah, what's going on here?" Hermione and Ron came up the stairs.

"Harry stole Draco's wand while we were sleeping, that's what's bloody going on here," I shrieked, my wand still under Harry's chin.

"I didn't want you to find out this way-"

"You left him defenseless you piece of shit! Do you know what he'll do to him back there? After he bloody ran away with us for Merlin's sake? They might torture him as much as they did me," I yelled.

"You don't understand-"

"What am I not bloody understanding? You could've just used the snatcher's wand that Ron gave you," I yelled.

"Don't bring me into this," Ron squeaked, standing next to Hermione.

"Would you let me explain myself damnit?" Harry scowled.

"Fine," I took him by the arm, sitting him down at the kitchen table.

"Draco disarmed Dumbledore that night in the astronomy tower," he exclaimed.

"And?"

"Dumbledore owned the elder wand," Harry sighed, aggravated that I wasn't understanding.

"And?"

"Therefore, Draco was technically owner of the elder wand, therefore, the only way for me to own the elder wand was by stealing Draco's wand from him," Harry explained.

The gears in my mind turned, quicker and quicker at each racing thought. I got it.

"And wands cannot kill their own," I gasped.

"Exactly," Harry slammed a hand on the table.

"Gods you've thought of something smart for once," I smiled.

"Shut up," he grumbled.

"I forgive you," I yelled as I ran back up the stairs.

I peeked through Hermione and Ron's cracked open door, to see them stirring the potions ingredients on the floor together.

"How's it coming along?" I asked.

"Almost finished, just needs some prep," Hermione exclaimed.

"Great," I smiled.

And now we wait.

May 1st

It was the morning of the robbery.

"Here, this should work," Fleur handed me a black cloak. I didn't have to change shoes, I'd just wear my black docs. I changed into the cloak, then gulped down the disgusting tasting potion Hermione had given me. God, it really did taste like goblin piss.

I watched myself transform into her in the mirror. I was standing in the shoes of the person I hated most, her wand in my hand; I had to get into character. And that was something I was damn good at.

I walked down the steps, meeting Harry, Ron, Hermione and the goblin outside.

Harry had the invisibility cloak in hand, Hermione disguised in another black cloak, a black hair charm, and a black gothic umbrella to shade her face. Ron stood in robes, and had a fake beard over his chin.

"How do I look?" I rolled my eyes.

"Hideous," Ron snorted.

I couldn't help but giggle.

"You can give the sword to Hermione to hold, alright Griphook?" Harry exclaimed, forcing Griphook to put the sword in Hermione's bag.

We all held our hands together, ready to apparate. Griphook was hesitant.

"We're relying on you Griphook. If you get us past the guards and into the vault, the sword's yours," Harry assured him.

After one last dirty look, Griphook put his hands on ours, and we apparated into the darkness of Knockturn Alley.