13 - The Deathly Hallows

One week later...

It was evening, and we were still camping in the Forest of Dean.

"We need to talk," Hermione said suddenly, all of us sitting at the table.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"I want to go to see Xenophilius Lovegood," she exclaimed.

"Sorry?" Harry nearly choked on his food.

"See this? It's a letter Dumbledore wrote to Grindelwald," Hermione exclaimed, showing us the book she was holding.

"Look at the signature, it's the mark again," she said. Hermione had told us about the mark on the grave they'd visited in Godrick's Hallow, the mark she'd seen on Mr. Lovegood's necklace. Surely he knows what it means.

"It keeps popping up. In Beedle the Bard, the grave in Godrick's Hallow," she said.

"It was there too," Harry said, his face washing over with some strange emotion I couldn't read.

"Where?" I asked.

"Outside Gregorovitch's wand shop," he exclaimed.

"What does it mean?" Ron asked.

"We've still got no idea," Harry muttered.

"Look, we still don't know where the next horcrux is. But this, this means something. I say we check it out," Hermione exclaimed.

"Yeah, Hermione's right, we ought to see Lovegood," Ron said, going to stand next to her.

We stood in awkward silence.

"Let's vote on it! Those in favor.." Ron said, raising his hand.

We all stood, eyeing him strangely.

Hermione walked off, leaving Ron defeated.

February 28th

It took us an entire two damn months to find out Mr. Lovegood's address. None of us had been before, so we didn't know where to apparate to.

"I found it," I exclaimed excitedly, nearly falling out of my chair.

"Look, it's in this letter here," I smiled, pointing at the book.

"You are brilliant, Caroline," Harry smiled.

"We pack today, travel tomorrow," Hermione suggested.

"I'm good with that plan," I smiled.

We spent the entire day packing our bags, leaving just the tent to sleep in overnight. I was quite sad to be leaving the Forest of Dean, it was incredibly peaceful, with big rivers full of fish and fresh water for food and clean drinks. Then again, we did need to make progress, and we finally had the ability to.

The next morning...

After packing the tent, we apparated to a large, empty plain.

"This doesn't look like a house, Caroline," Harry said.

"At least it's warmer here," I exclaimed, looking out over the open fields of wild grass as the sun crept upwards, white clouds dotting the sky.

"It's over there," Hermione pointed to a small, yellow cottage that sat at least a mile or two in the distance.

"Alright, let's go," I said, my backpack sitting heavily on my back as we began walking. It was even more peaceful here. Songbirds chirped in the distance, and butterflies roamed the open grasses.

"Are you still mad at him?" I whispered to Hermione.

"I'm always mad at him," she smiled.

As we approached the house, we came to a wooden gate with a painted sign that read, 'The Lovegoods'. I unlocked the gate and was greeted by the scent of fruit. Plum, orange and lemon trees lined the pathway up to the front stoop.