25 - Snape Flees

Snape began to speak. We could hear him through the door.

"Many of you are probably wondering why I have called you here at this hour," he spoke slowly, his voice evil as always.

"It has come to my attention that earlier this evening, Harry Potter and Caroline Bellegreen were spotted in Hogsmeade,"

The crowd erupted in gasps and gossip at his words.

"Now. Should anyone, student or staff, attempt to aid these two wizards, they will be punished in a manner consistent to the severity of their transgressions, have I made myself clear?" Snape hissed.

Silence.

"Furthermore, any person known to have knowledge of these events who fails to come forward, will be treated, as equally guilty," he spoke.

"Now then. If anyone here, has any knowledge of their whereabouts, I suggest you come forward. Now."

Footsteps.

The crowd gasping once more.

"Open the doors, Kingsley," Lupin exclaimed.

"It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you have a bit of a security problem headmaster," Harry yelled.

We walked in, wands raised, me in the middle, still slightly concealed. Neville and Fleur stood at my side.

"I'm afraid it's quite extensive," Harry said. "How dare you stand where he stood. Tell them how it happened that night. Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and KILLED him?" Harry screamed, hate fueling his voice.

Snape began to raise his wand at him, but Professor McGonagall stepped in front of him defensively. Students scurried to the sides of the room in fear of a nasty duel; or a nasty ending.

Flames began to shoot out of her wand at Severus, as he blocked them, turning into death eater form, flying out the main glass window, shattering it to pieces.

Students began to cheer as he left, a smile plastering over Professor McGonagall's face. Somehow, I don't think people had seen me yet.

Harry began to fall to the ground, Professor McGonagall crouching down next to him. He was having another vision.

Or so I thought.

Dark clouds began to fill the starry night sky that lay above us. Next was thunder.

Echoes of student's screams began to ring throughout the hall, a disgusting voice filling my head as I covered my ears.

I know that many of you would like to fight.

Some of you may even think that a fight is wise.

But this is foolish.

Bring me Harry Potter and Caroline Bellegreen and none shall be harmed.

Bring me Harry Potter and Caroline Bellegreen and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched.

Bring me Harry Potter and Caroline Bellegreen and you will be rewarded.

You have one hour.

"Where is Bellegreen anyways?" a Slytherin boy cackled.

"Right there, in the middle," another spoke.

"I say we give both of them up. Someone grab em'," Pansy pointed.

"Nah, her little boyfriend will kill you before The Dark Lord does," another Slytherin boy snickered.

"I don't see him anywhere," Pansy rolled her eyes.

Ginny stood in front of Harry protectively. We all shuffled up to him, the order standing around the two of us in a circle.

"Students out of bed! Students in the corridor! Students-" Filch ran into the hall with his cat.

"They're supposed to be out of bed you blithering idiot," Professor McGonagall yelled.

"Oh. Sorry."

"As it happens Mr. Filch, your arrival is most opportune. If you could I would like you to please lead Miss Parkinson, and the rest of Slytherin house from the hall," Professor McGonagall ordered him.

"Where to?"

"The dungeons will do just fine," McGonagall smirked.

Students began to cheer as the Slytherins were forced to follow Filch downstairs. Harry and I walked towards Professor McGonagall.

"I presume you have a reason for returning, what is it you need?" McGonagall asked us.

"Time, Professor, as much as you can get us," Harry exclaimed.

"Do what you have to do. I'll secure the castle," she said.

"It's good to see you," she smiled at the two of us.

"You as well Professor."

We began to group up.

"Fred, George, Fleur, Ginny, come with me," I motioned.

"First and second years over here!" I yelled, a swarm of little kids coming towards us, fear written all over their faces.

"We'll protect you, I promise,"

"But they need you out there," Ginny said.

"I will eventually, but we need the younger kids secured before I can worry about that. I don't want any parents losing their youngest children today," I said somberly.

"Follow us," I exclaimed.

"Where are we going?" a tiny squeaky voice asked me.

"To the Gryffindor common room. you'll all be safe there," I said.

The common rooms were good places to hide during this time. They wouldn't be main focuses for battle.

We approached the room, putting all of the kids on a rug in the middle. They all scooched together, some crying, some simply having no idea what was going on outside.

A little girl clung to my leg.

"I'm scared," she whined, tears falling down her small cheeks. I bent down to wipe them with my thumb.

"You'll be alright," I smiled at her. She let go.

"Keep them entertained until the battle starts," I whispered to Fred and George. "Ginny, Fleur, guard the doors, Lupin and Tonks will be here to help you in a little," I said, beginning to walk out the door.

"Caroline," Ginny shouted.

I turned around.

"Please stay safe."

"You know I will," I gave her a sad smile before running off.