17 - Shell Cottage

**tw: slight smut warning again? it's not bad but just in case**

CAROLINE'S POV

"He's in love with her," his Father whispered. Tears began to stream down my face, the knife still held tight to my neck. Draco stood next to Ron and Harry, their wands still in his hands.

"Well that's just pathetic," Bellatrix cackled. "And look! It's Harry Potter, all bright, shiny and new again, just in time for The Dark Lord," she smiled. "Call him."

Lucius rolled up his sleeve, revealing the dark mark, holding his hand above it. Before he could finish, a squeaking noise came from above us.

I looked up to see Dobby, sitting on the chandelier, fiddling with the screws that kept it in place. It came crashing to the floor right above Bellatrix and I. She stumbled backwards, causing me to leap forwards, right into Draco's arms. He dropped the wands to catch me, holding me protectively as Ron ran up to grab Hermione, still slightly out of it.

Harry grabbed our wands off the floor, flying Lucius towards the wall once again.

Draco still held on to me, as we stood next to Harry, Hermione, Ron and the others.

"Stupid elf, you could've killed me," Bellatrix yelled.

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to harm, or seriously injure," he stuttered.

Narcissa began to cast a spell, but Dobby snapped his fingers, shooting her wand out of her hand.

"HOW DARE YOU TAKE A WITCHES WAND! HOW DARE YOU DEFY YOUR MASTERS," Bellatrix screamed at him.

My eyes were glued to Narcissa the entire time. She stared at the two of us, how tightly Draco held on to me. How he rubbed circles on my shoulder with his thumb to calm me down.

"Dobby has no master, Dobby is a free elf. And Dobby has come to save Harry Potter, and his friends," he exclaimed proudly.

We all grasped our hands together, Draco's hand still in mine, but as we all began to apparate away, Draco and I watched in horror to see Bellatrix's knife flying straight towards us, almost as if it were in slow motion.

And we had apparated.

We'd landed on a beach, a small cottage in the distance.

Draco ran over to me.

"Are you hurt?" he cupped me cheek as I sat up.

"No," I breathed. "Are you?"

"No," he panted.

My stomach began to twist, my face going sour.

I covered my hand, standing up as I ran over to the lapping waves, falling on my knees, throwing up.

"You're alright," Draco leaned down, holding my hair back as I threw up again.

"Hermione do something," I heard Harry yell. I looked up to see Dobby, bleeding in his arms. Draco and I stumbled over, sitting down across from Hermione and Ron.

"Help me," Harry cried.

Tears began to stream down my face as I squeezed my eyes shut, turning my head into Draco's chest. His breathing was shaky, he was crying too. Bill, Luna and Fleur began to run towards us from the house.

"What a beautiful place, to be with friends," Dobby smiled.

"Dobby is happy to be with his friend. Harry Potter." Dobby took his last breaths, his eyes still open.

I could feel Draco's grip tighten on me as he watched. Dobby had been Draco's only true friend growing up.

Luna sat down next to Harry.