27 - Fiend Fire

CAROLINE'S POV

I was rummaging through boxes, in search of anything that might be useful to Harry, when I heard my name.

"Caroline."

I whipped my head around to see Draco standing there, Blaise and Goyle behind him. My heart jumped.

"Draco," I breathed, a smile forming on my face as I ran into his arms, him picking me up and twirling me in a little circle.

"How'd you find me?" I asked as he put me back down on the ground in front of him.

"I've no idea," he smiled, looking into my eyes.

He grabbed onto my waist as we stood in silence, getting lost in each other's gaze. Our faces inched closer together... and closer... and closer...

"I found it," Harry shouted from afar.

I pulled back, turning to see Harry with an object in hand.

"Well, well. What brings you here Potter?" Draco hissed, one hand still on my waist as he stepped in front of me.

"I could ask you the same," Harry snarled, looking at me. Overprotective, as always.

See the problem is when they're both overprotective at the same time. This was one of those moments.

"You have something of mine. I'd like it back," Draco hissed once more.

"Well what's wrong with the wand you have? I see it in your pocket there," Harry exclaimed.

"It's my Mother's. Powerful, but, it's not the same. It doesn't quite, understand me. You know what I mean?" he asked.

"Why didn't you tell her? Bellatrix? You knew it was me. You didn't say anything," Harry stammered.

"Sometimes I have to do things to protect my own, not everything is about you all the time Potter," Draco exclaimed, putting his hand in mine.

Blaise and Goyle lifted his wand up at Harry.

"Go on Draco, don't be a prat," Goyle whispered in his other ear.

Draco didn't take his wand out of his pocket.

"Expelliarmus," a voice shouted, leaving Blaise wandless. Hermione and Ron had showed.

Draco looked into my eyes.

"It's okay, go," I nodded at him, Draco and Blaise running away, but Goyle just had to be little shithead he was.

"Avada Kedavra," he yelled, right at Hermione.

Hermione defended herself successfully.

"Stupefy!" Hermione yelled back it him, causing him to fall back then scurry away; but the diadem flew with the spell, over a hill of shit that we'd now have to dig through. Great.

"That's my girlfriend you jackass!!" Ron began to run after him, wand in hand.

Hermione giggled.

"A little help?" Harry yelled, climbing up the items to find the tiara. Hermione and I began to do the same.

I saw it right there above me. Standing on my tip toes on a very unstable sofa, I grabbed it in the tips of my fingers.

"Got it," I yelled as Harry hopped back down. I threw it down to him. Hermione caught me as I stumbled back down the tower of stacked furniture.

Suddenly, the room began to glow orange.

"What the hell is that-"

Ron came back in screaming. "Goyle's set the bloody place on fire," he yelled, running past us, grabbing onto Hermione's hand. I glanced at Harry, took his hand, then we began to run. God if Draco saw me holding his hand I'd be dead, but then again, if we didn't stick together we'd all be dead anyways.