32 - It's Over

CAROLINE'S POV

He took me to his room, after having taken the medical kit from out of his sink cabinet. I sat on his bed as he delicately wrapped my hands in bandages.

"I thought you left me," he looked at me.

"You can't get rid of me that easily," I smiled.

"How'd you get back? You were gone for hours," Draco stammered.

"My Mother, actually," I said quietly. I didn't feel like explaining everything. He could tell.

"I should be out there, helping," I whispered.

"You've helped enough, now let me help you," he exclaimed, shutting the bandages lightly with a piece of medical tape.

"Is that too tight?" he asked, looking up into my eyes.

"It's perfect," I smiled softly.

"Your parents probably hate me now, after watching that," I exclaimed.

"My Father most definitely, my Mother might be a little bit scared at first, but she'll learn to love you, I promise," he smiled.

There was a sudden knock on the door. We both turned our heads sharply.

"Draco, are you in there?" the voice called. Draco stood up. "It's Venus."

Draco immediately opened the door, Venus seeing me sitting on the bed.

"Am I interrupting something?"

"What? Oh. No, no, Gods no, what do you need?" Draco asked.

"Potter killed Voldemort. It's over." She smiled happily.

Draco nearly collapsed backwards from relief. He picked me up from the bed, tears running down his face as he hugged me gently.

"We're free," he smiled, excited giggles escaping his lips as he repeated himself over and over again.

"I love you so much," he twirled me around, pure happiness filling his lungs.

"We're all gathering in the great hall if you'd like to come," Venus smiled.

"Are you up for it?" Draco asked me.

"Sure," I smiled, taking his hand in my bandaged one.

We walked slowly up to the great hall, and I was met by a very agitated Ginny.

"I thought you were dead you stupid- ugh come here," she smiled, giving me a big hug.

"Love you too," I said jokingly.

People stared at Draco as I took his hand in mine once again, finding a seat next to Ginny, Luna, and Neville. Neville and Luna were hand in hand.

But this time, when people looked at Draco, it was with a sense of realization.

Draco Malfoy is not a bad person.

Draco Malfoy is not his Father.

And I thanked Merlin people finally understood that.

I snuggled up in his lap as we sat, one hand around my waist, another holding a small icepack to the side of my head where I'd hit the ground, and I slowly dozed off in his arms, feeling safer than I had in a really long time.

DRACO'S POV

As I sat, Caroline in my arms, listening in to Luna, Neville and Ginny's conversation, I noticed two people dressed in black enter the great hall. One stayed back, outside. The other came in.

My Mother.

People stared as she entered, her heels clicking on the floor.

Ginny, Luna and Neville all stopped talking as she approached me.

"Draco we should go-"

"Shh, she's sleeping, and no. You two can go on without me," I said quietly.

"Are you sure? Draco, your Father-"

"I'm sure Mum," I assured her.

"She's scary sometimes," she pointed at Caroline, laying sleepily in my arms, looking innocent as ever.

"I know," I chuckled quietly.

"Owl me, will you?" she said.

"I will," I said.

She exited the hall, her and Father apparating away.

Potter, Granger and Weasley entered.

"Is she alright?" Granger asked, coming up to me.

"She's alright, just tired I think," I smiled softly, still holding the icepack against the side of her head as she slept.

"She fought well," Potter smiled.

"She did, she really did," I whispered, a smile still on my face.

"Um, here's your wand back," Harry held his hand out stiffly, my wand in his hand.

"Thanks," I said awkwardly, taking it from him.

"No problem," he said, before walking off with Hermione and Ron.

That night...

"What're we gonna do?" she asked me, as we laid in my dormitory bed. We'd be allowed to stay at Hogwarts as long as we needed as long as we helped to clean up.

"What do you mean?" I asked, running my hands through her hair as she laid on my chest.

"Where are we gonna go? What happens now?"

"We could maybe stay at the Weasleys. I don't know if I'd be welcome but-"|

"I'm sure they'd love to have you, Draco," she smiled up at me.

"I'm not so sure-"

"They would," she hushed me. "Now let's get some sleep, we have work to do tomorrow," she nuzzled into my chest, falling asleep in my arms.