19 - Wand Snatcher

April 18th

Draco and I couldn't take our hands off each other the entire time he'd stayed with us at Shell Cottage. Unfortunately, he had to leave this morning. Harry, Hermione, Ron and I had to set our next plan into action, and Draco couldn't necessarily hear it. Someone could slip him veritaserum or something.

"I'm gonna miss you," he kissed my forehead for the hundredth time as we lay in bed, the sun rising outside our window.

"I'll miss you more," I whispered, his head laying in my chest, as I stroked his soft blonde hair.

Someone knocked on the door.

"Come in," I grumbled.

"Draco, your breakfast is ready downstairs. I suggest you go before the others awake," Fleur said, motioning for the two of us to come downstairs.

We got out of bed, slowly trudging down the stairs to the kitchen table for a fast breakfast, Draco once again holding my hand under the table.

"I should probably get going," he sighed, standing up, pulling me up with him.

"Please stay safe," I squeezed his hand.

"You too," he pulled me tight into his chest, giving me a long hug.

DRACO'S POV

After a long kiss goodbye, I apparated home. I landed in my room, my Mother putting food in Lorelei's bowl.

"DRACO LUCIUS MALFOY, WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?" She yelled at me, startled at my sudden appearance.

"Did you not get my owl?"

"I did. That doesn't excuse how you just got up and left," she said sternly.

"If anyone would understand, it's you," I pleaded with her.

"Your father is extremely angry with you. Don't let it happen again," she stormed out.

But when we sat down for dinner that night, just my Mother, Father and I, he couldn't even look me in the eye. He hadn't said a word. He didn't seem angry; just embarrassed.

I knew part of him wanted to kill her.

But another part, somewhere in that cold, villainous heart he had, he felt as though I'd gotten what he hadn't. A home. A chance at a family. A real one, anyway.

And despite his crude, abusive, ignorant front he wore as a shield on the outside, he wouldn't ruin his own son's life any more than he already had.

Lucius Malfoy would not ruin my life.

But I knew Bella would.

I went to bed with Lorelei in my arms, not realizing one thing. Something I should've checked before leaving.

My wand was nowhere to be seen. Not in my pockets, in my trunk.

My wand was gone.

The next morning...

CAROLINE'S POV

"So what's the plan?" I asked as we sat around the kitchen table, hot tea in our hands.

"May first, we break into Gringott's," Harry said.

"Woah woah, where did this come from?" I shrieked, completely confused.

"Bellatrix had quite the reaction when she thought we'd stolen the sword from her vault. She kept asking if we 'took anything else'. She had to be talking about a horcrux, right? It only makes sense," Hermione exclaimed.