37 - The Night is Young

Two years later...

DRACO'S POV

The past two years have been the happiest years of my life.

Visits to the Burrow every Saturday. Mother, with Father now in Azkaban, allowed us the family riches so we could drop our jobs at the Ministry, even for a little while to take care of the baby, who was now a toddler. "Grandma Cissy" as she would call her, would come for tea every Sunday to see us.

Of course we had our bad nights. Nightmares. Awful PTSD. But we had each other, and that was all that mattered. I could finally hold Caroline peacefully in my arms knowing we weren't in danger anymore.

I walked outside of the cottage, down the passage to the beach, to see my beautiful wife and beautiful daughter splashing in the summer waves.

Now I had two angels to take care of. Caroline Atlantis Malfoy, and Aurelia Salve Malfoy.

"Look who it is," she smiled, turning around, Aurelia's small hand grasped around Caroline's pointer finger.

"Daddy!" Aurelia giggled, her golden brown locks of hair bouncing as she toddled over to me. I crouched down, taking her in my arms.

"Come here you," I smiled, wrapping my arms around her, picking her up off the sand and placing her gently over my shoulder.

Aurelia looked exactly like her Mother. Except for the eyes, of course. She had my eyes.

"Want to go for a walk?" I asked, looking into her eyes.

"If Mommy can come," she pouted.

"Of course Mommy can come, love," I chuckled, placing my free hand in Caroline's.

We walked along the beach, the waves lapping on the sand beneath our feet, Aurelia tucked in my arm, pointing at seagulls and clouds, Caroline's hand in mine.

As night began to fall, we returned to the house, tucking Aurelia into bed, making sure she fell asleep before returning to our room.

When I returned, the shower was on. So I did what I always did. Walked inside, jumping in the shower with her.

"Draco Malfoy, what are you doing?" she smiled, washing the shampoo out of her hair.

"What do you think?" I smiled, leaning in for a kiss under the steamy water, my hands on her waist. We stayed there for a little while, soaking in suds before getting out to go to bed. She dried her hair with a towel, and I did the same, another towel wrapped around my waist as I left the bathroom. She was already in bed in a t shirt.

I got in next to her, nuzzling up against her neck, my arms wrapped around her waist.

"Caroline?"

"Mhm?" she answered, turning around to face me.

Merlin, she's beautiful.

"I want another one."

"Draco Malfoy," she chuckled, biting her lip, brushing my damp hair from my eyes.

"Please?" I smirked, running a finger along her jawline.

"You're a pain in the arse, you know that?" she smiled, rolling on top of me anyways. I held her by the waist.

"Oh I know, angel. I know."

The night is young.

-------

ONE MORE CHAPTERRRR! I know I'm extending this a lot but you guys asked for it.

Don't forget to check out my newest, and original book 𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 ! It's much much darker and more mature than these books so I hope you enjoy. Make sure to read the description before reading in case of any triggers, I do include trigger warnings for each chapter though. I hope you like the cast! I will also be including a song for most likely every chapter in that book. Enjoy !

- Callie