24 - The Order Returns

"Neville?"

"You look-"

"Like hell I reckon," Neville smiled standing in the doorway of the dark tunnel. "This is nothing. Seamus is worse," he crouched down, wand in hand. His face was covered in cuts and bruises.

"Bloody hell what happened to you?" I asked him, concern washing over my face.

"Let's just say they've turned defense against the dark arts into a damn torture chamber," he rolled his eyes.

"Come on, let's get out of here," he stood up, motioning for us to follow him. We did.

"I don't remember this being on the marauder's map," Ron exclaimed.

"That's because it never existed till' now, it's the only way in or out these days. The seven secret passages were sealed off before the start of the year. The grounds are crawling with death eaters and dementors," Neville exclaimed.

My heart wrenched just thinking about Hogwarts being roamed with death eaters. Imagine the poor first years.

"How's it with Snape as headmaster?" Hermione asked.

"Hardly ever see him these days, it's the Carrows you need to watch out for. Brother and sister, in charge of discipline. They like punishment, the Carrows," Neville exclaimed.

"They did this to you?" Harry asked, pointing at his bruised cheek.

"Sure did," he said quietly. Neville had sure grown up since I last saw him.

"Why'd you say defense against the dark arts was like a torture chamber?" I questioned him.

"Last week they had us doing the cruciatus curse on the first years. I refused,"

"For Merlin's sake, how evil could someone be? They're eleven fucking years old," my heart dropped.

"Hogwarts has changed for the worst," Neville sighed.

We reached the end of the passageway.

"Let's have a bit of fun, shall we?" Neville slowly opened the door. "Hey, you lot. Got a surprise for you."

"No more of Aberforth's cake is gonna help Neville," I heard Seamus scoff. Neville smirked, moving out of the way to reveal Harry and I in the front, Ron and Hermione holding hands in the back.

They all began to stand up, crowding around us for hugs.

"Luna!" I smiled, her arms wrapping around mine.

"We've missed you," she gave me a soft smile.

"I have too," I sighed, looking around the common room. It was different. Bleaker than I remember.

"Okay okay," Neville said loudly, calming the crowd. "Right then. What's the plan?" he asked us.

My eyes scanned the crowd. Where the hell was Ginny?

"Okay, um, there's something we need to find, something hidden here in the castle, and it may help us defeat you know who," Harry said.

"Right, what is it?" Neville asked. Jeez, he was taller. And his voice deeper. God, how long had I been gone? This all felt like some weird fever dream.

"We don't know," Harry answered.

"Where is it?" Neville asked.

"Don't know that either," I chimed in.

"I realize that's not much to go on," Harry said quietly.

"Yeah, it's loads to go on," Seamus said sarcastically. I missed that. His humor.

"I think it has something to do with Ravenclaw. Um, it'll be small, easily concealed... Anyone any ideas?" Harry stuttered.

"Well there's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem. Hasn't anyone heard of it?" Luna spoke softly.

"Yes Luna, but it's lost. For centuries now. There isn't a person alive today who's seen it," Cho exclaimed.

"Excuse me, could someone tell me what a bloody diadem is?" Ron asked.

"It's a sort of crown, you know, like a tiara," Cho answered.

Suddenly, the common room door opened.

"Ginny," I nearly shrieked, running over and pulling her into the biggest hug I could muster. We squeezed each other so tight we couldn't breathe. "Go say hi to your boyfriend," I whispered.

She immediately let go of me, blushing, running over to Harry. He pulled her into a protective hug. "I've missed you so much," he smiled.

"Six months she hasn't seen me and it's like I'm frankie first year," Ron scoffed.

"She's got loads of brother's though, she only got one Harry," Seamus chuckled. Ginny pulled away from the hug.

"Snape knows. He knows you guys were spotted in Hogsmeade. We're to go down to the great hall to discuss it in twenty minutes," Ginny said frantically.

"We need a plan," I huffed, thinking curiously.

"How quickly can we get word to the order?" Ron asked.

"Everyone sit down, we've got a plan to make," I ordered, everyone sitting in a circle on the ground.

"Ron, you apparate home to alert the order. Harry will get in robes and go with Ginny to blend in with the rest of the students. Once the order gets here, they apparate into the common room, then we sneak down while all staff members and death eaters are in the great hall. That way we get everyone at once," I exclaimed.

"Sounds like a plan," Harry said.

"There are spare robes in the cabinet over there," Seamus pointed.

"Thanks," Harry said, standing up, walking over to the cabinet.

Everyone else threw their robes over their clothes, ready to walk down to the great hall. Twenty minutes later, they began to walk down.

Hermione and I sat in the common room in silence, when Ron returned with nearly every member of the order.

"Fred!" I smiled, running to give him a hug.

"Ron woke me from my nap," he said sleepily, but still gave me a smile.

Mrs. Weasley was next up for a hug. Then Mr. Weasley . Then Lupin. Then George, and so on.

"Are we ready to infiltrate the great hall?" I asked.

"Ready as ever," Lupin smiled.

We began to quietly walk downstairs, our wands held in our hands just in case.

"When we arrive inside, just in case of security measures, stand behind me. Stay in the middle of the group," Lupin whispered to me.

"Got it," I whispered back.

We rounded the corner, swiftly taking out the two guards that stood in front of the closed great hall doors.

Now we wait for Harry's signal.