Arriana's Return - Chapter 57

Chapter 57

Back at the village Arriana ordered her guards to put Henry into the prison. She still hadn't decided what to do with him. Trying to ignore the fact that she had been betrayed once again, she ran into the house to find Victoria and James. She saw them sitting at the table sipping on something, she grabbed them both and hugged them. Barwick walked in after her, tears streaming down his cheeks when he saw his daughter. Victoria ran to him crying.

"Daddy? What happened to you? Your eyes, they're almost completely shut and so purple."

"Victoria, don't worry yourself with it. Are you okay? I missed you so much my little pumpkin." Barwick cried as he held his daughter.

"I missed you to daddy." She said clinging tightly to the bruised, bloody man.

"Where's Caleb?" Arriana looked around the room not seeing him.

"It took a lot of his energy to heal them," Danni told her, almost afraid to meet her gaze.

"Okay. So where is he?" Arriana repeated raising her voice, fearing the worst.

"Arriana, he's not doing well," John said quietly.

"He has to be fine!" she shouted. "Where is he? I want to see him right now!"

She ran out of the room opening all the doors in the house until she reached the big, oak door at the end of the hallway. She pushed it open slowly and saw a body lying under the covers in the big, four poster bed. She crept slowly to it and looked into the paler than usual face of Caleb. Tears welled in her eyes and she tried to stifle a cry. Caleb slowly opened his eyes, smiling at her. She sat on the edge of the bed and took her friends hand. Tears flowing down her cheeks, Arriana pushed the hair out of his eyes.

"Oh, Caleb. I'm so sorry. I, I didn't want this to happen to you!" she sobbed, letting her head fall onto his hands.

"It's alright Arriana. I could have spared myself and let the children die but I just, I could not let such precious, innocent children die because of Lucas. Did you save Barwick?"

Arriana nodded her head and whispered. "Yes. He's safe."

Caleb just nodded his head, swallowing hard.

"Is there anything we can do? You're going to be okay, aren't you?" she cried.

"There is nothing anyone can do. I'm not sure if I'll be alright or not. I've never used that much energy before," he said.

"I'll find a way! I promise I will not let you die. Now, rest. You need to sleep." She smiled at him as he closed his eyes.

"Barwick!" Arriana shouted as she ran down the stairs.

"What? What's the matter?"

"I need to make a potion or find a spell. I need something to make Caleb better," she told him.

"Nothing like that exists," Beau told her.

"Are you sure?"

They nodded their heads.

"Is there anything we can do?" she pleaded.

"I don't think so, Arriana," Barwick said sympathetically.

"I'm not going to let him die!" She turned and headed toward the library.

"Arriana? Arriana what are you going to do?" Mary called after her daughter.

"I'm going to find some way to help Caleb. He is dying because of me. I can't let him suffer," she cried while walking to the small library.

"Arriana there is nothing you can do." Mary chased after her.