Arriana's Return - Chapter 35

Chapter 35

"Oh, really? What's he going to do when you show up without me?" she asked with a coy smile. "Nobody is coming for you," the big man said.

She simply smiled at them.

Okay Arriana, focus. You took self-defense. How do you escape from psychotic bastards?

She took a deep breath and stared at the man, trying to listen for his accomplice who wasn't in eyesight.

Arriana gasped as the man grabbed her from behind.

Oh, good job.

"We told you, there is no escaping, girl."

Shit. Okay now you have to get out of his grip without being hit this time.

Arriana's mind raced. She didn't have a lot of training, but knew that deep down there was power. She had to figure out how to tap that power.

It's inside. It's inside. If it's there, I can use it.

Closing her eyes, Arriana focused on the core of her body. She tried to picture what it looked like. She felt heat rising in her.

The power!

She focused harder, but it faded.

Shit.

There was only one option left. It was so primitive, but it was going to cause them a lot of pain. The man who had her held onto her shoulders, leaving her legs free. Arriana let herself drop to the ground becoming nothing more than dead weight. The man toppled over and fell like a tiny tree. She rolled to the side and swung a leg around, catching him in the chin. She knew he wasn't expecting that and it had the desired effect. He was snoring before she stood up.

"Well, one of you are taken care of."

The big man let out a guttural holler and charged at Arriana. She ducked low and swung, her fist connecting with his gut. He let a sort of hump sound as he sunk to his knees. She grabbed onto the back of his head and slammed her knee into the bridge of his nose. Blood poured from his face.

"My nose! You broke it!"

He stumbled to his feet just to be met with her foot to his groin. He sank to the ground and toppled over one hand on his face and one hand on his face.

Arriana turned and began to run.

"You are going to pay for that! King Lucas is going to kill all of you! He's making his army ready now! We're not waiting for you. We're going to slaughter all of you before you even have a chance to learn how to levitate! You're dead!" the big man shouted as he lay on the ground.