Chapter 9

Midoriya sat right beside me and I could tell he was thinking of what to say. He has a tendency to overthink too much and I know he doesn't want to say the wrong thing and upset me even more than I already am.

"Don't ... don't say it," I spoke up and he looked a bit startled. I knew he was going to say something like, 'please talk to me' or 'don't shut down'.

"Wha-"

"It wasn't just a fight ..." I whispered and took out my phone to let him read the text messages shared between Kaminari and me. That was way easier than saying what he did out loud. If I say it out loud it becomes real and I don't want it to be real. Besides, I just know I'd start sobbing if I even try to say that Shinsou cheated on me and once the waterworks start, they'll never stop.

"Oh no ... when did this happen?!" Midoriya was in complete disbelief and I let out a shaky breath.

"I don't know when it started ... but I've known for a week before I brought it up," my voice cracked and bit the inside of my cheek to avoid crying at school. Midoriya put my phone back on my desk and put a gentle hand on my back. No no no ... please don't comfort me, I'm too fragile and any sort of kindness would break the dam. I felt my lip start to quiver and I covered my mouth with my hand to hide it.

"You can't handle this by yourself," he said seriously. I glanced at him and saw that he was glaring at me. I know that he wasn't mad at me, he was mad at how I chose to go about this.

"I didn't know what else to do ..." I mumbled as I removed my hand from my mouth.

"You could have talked to us. Do you not trust us or something?" Midoriya's eyes shifted from angry to upset and his wide eyes started to waver.

"It's not that ..." I shook my head and he let out a sigh.

"You know we're here for you ... when you're ready to talk about it, come over. I don't care what time," his expression softened and when he smiled, I felt a little lighter. I took a deep breath and I nodded.

"Thank you ... I mean it," I smiled slightly and when he saw that I was doing slightly better, he relaxed a bit and took out a boxed lunch. I turned away from him and took out the folder that Iida gave me from my bag. Maybe Midoriya can help me out with some of these assignments. When I looked at him, I noted that he split his lunch in two.

"Hm?" I tilted my head to the side and he smiled as he slid a plate of food over to

my desk.

"You need to eat," he started to eat and I was stunned for a moment. I slowly put the folder down and to ease him, I started to eat. To be honest, I think he's one of the nicest people in the class. He treats everyone as equals which is rare nowadays.

We didn't talk as we ate but I saw him glance at me every now and then to make sure I was actually eating and not just moving the food around.

"Better?" Midoriya asked with a smile as he finished his half.

I shrugged, "A little bit," I ate the last bite of food, and to be honest, I felt a little more energized.

"Good. You'll get through this," He smiled sweetly at me and I nodded even though I didn't quite believe him. I know eventually, I'll have to get over it, but I don't know where to start.

The school day finally ended and I raced through the halls to get to my room. I did more talking than I thought I'd do today and I'm fatigued both mentally and physically. As much as I wanted to pass out, I had school work to do. Thanks to Iida, I wasn't going to struggle so much, but I wish he gave me some motivation with the notes.

Back in my room, I changed right away and got comfortable as I sat down on my desk and forced myself to get to work. I started with the assignments due tomorrow so I wouldn't get even further behind. Luckily there were only two small assignments due tomorrow so they didn't take me that long.

I let out a sigh and I leaned back in the chair and tried to find the will to continue doing work. It also doesn't help that my desk and walls are littered with reminders of what I lost. I tried not to look at them but when my eyes wandered, I couldn't help but stare at the pictures. I should really take those down ...

I twirled the pen in between my fingers as I stared at an empty page in my notebook. There were no thoughts in my head, I was just zoning out. It wasn't until I heard a few knocks on my door, that I refocused.