Chapter 12

The next day, I planned to spend it the same way I did yesterday. Alone in my room, snuggled up in bed while watching movies. However, Kirishima and Midoriya had other plans. They convinced me to go to the arcade with them and the rest of the class. I felt bad for not spending time with them and I had nothing to lose. Maybe I could actually have some fun and forget about my sadness for a few hours. I can't let Shinsou and Kaminari take away any more of my time.

So, I got myself ready and left my room for the first time this weekend to head to the common room. There, everyone was split into their close friend groups. I walked right up to Kirishima who was hanging out with Ashido and Sero.

"Long time no see!" Sero's smile got wider when he looked up from the couch and saw me. I gave his head a few pats and felt myself start to smile. His smile is so bright and I already feel lighter.

"We don't hang out anymore! I miss you!" Ashido pouted and her cheeks puffed up adorably. She's so cute ...

"I'm sorry ..." I said softly. I meant it to, I felt bad that I've been neglecting my friends. At the same time, it's easier to be alone.

"You'll make up for it today! We're going to hang out ALL DAY and I won't hear any complaints!" She stared at me with a determination that was quite frightening and I didn't dare reject her proposal.

"Okay," I nodded and agreed to appease her, and the second I did, a big smile replaced her pout. Ashido's a handful, that's what makes her fun to be around though.

"Yay!" She exclaimed with a grin on her face.

"You look like crap," A voice spoke up behind me and I quickly turned around and saw Bakugou staring at me.

"Thanks," I let out a sigh, and Kirishima smacked him upside the head which made Bakugou angry.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR, SHITTY HAIR?!"

"For being rude!" Kirishima stood up for me and I couldn't help but chuckle. I

guess things really haven't changed that much huh? Not that I expected them too, but it's nice to know that there are some constants in life.

"Just being honest," Bakugou muttered under his breath.

"It's okay, Kirishima. He's not wrong," I shrugged and Bakugou sat down beside

Sero.

"Get your shit together, Y/N. I don't associate with weaklings," He didn't even look at me as he spoke, he had his head turned away from me and I was taken aback by his harsh words. Is that what he really thinks of me? A weakling?

"Kachaan that was mean!" Midoriya said as he glared at Bakugou.

"Shut up ... damn Deku," Bakugou didn't even glance at Midoriya and I was left standing there like a deer in the headlights still trying to process what Bakugou said before. I mean, I knew I was weak, but I didn't expect to be called out on it. Especially by Bakugou, that was unexpected.

"Y/N? You okay?" Kirishima nudged me gently and I snapped out of the daze I was in and blinked.

"Hm? Oh, yeah I'm fine," I reassured him, but he didn't look convinced, "I mean it. I know what Bakugou said was a bit harsh, but it's okay. Isn't that what 'tough love' is?" The second I said 'tough love' Bakugou's cheeks turned pink and his face scrunched up in both anger and embarrassment. Huh, that was kind of a cute reaction. I don't think I've ever seen Bakugou blush. To be honest, I didn't think he was capable of blushing.

"Fucking dumbass," Bakugou growled under his breath and I let out a small laugh. I didn't expect to be cheered up by Bakugou of all people, but life's full of surprises I guess.