Chapter 30

After a long nap, I woke up in a dark room. Soft light from my laptop monitor covered my desk in a soft blue glow and I lazily rubbed my eyes. What time is it? I still feel sleepy. Letting out a groan, I checked my phone, the brightness giving me an instant headache. Squinting, I worked fast to lower the brightness to a comfortable level and saw that it was almost 6 PM. Holy shit ... I slept the entire day away. I must have really been exhausted.

I need to get up, I have to do laundry and tire myself out so I could sleep tonight. Sighing, I hopped out of bed and gathered my dirty clothes in the hamper before I went to the laundry room and started a cycle. Well, now I have about an hour before I have to come back and put the clothes in the dryer ... what do I do now? I walked back to my room and stood in the center of my room with my hands on my hips just looking around for something to do. Then, my phone lit up, and expecting a text from one of my friends, I opened it without even reading who the text was from. Imagine my confusion when I saw a bunch of unread texts ... all of them reading, 'I'm sorry' and 'I'm so sorry'. Oh ... I opened Kaminari's texts. Fuck.

I could feel his desperation in his messages and reading the apologies over and over made me angry. So, I decided to text back.

'ENOUGH! PLEASE, THAT'S ENOUGH! HOW CAN I POSSIBLY TRY TO MOVE ON WHEN YOU CONSTANTLY MESSAGE ME?! I know you're sorry. But that doesn't change or fix what happened. For fucks sake, you were MY person!' I frantically texted him hoping to get the message across.

'You finally answered!!! Please, hear me out!' Not even a full minute later, I received a response and I rolled my eyes. What narrative is he trying to write out? He hasn't even bothered to try and understand how I feel. Everything has been about him. How he was sorry and how he wants me to hear him out. But what about me?! I'm the one who's suffered the most and this motherfucker is only thinking about himself!

'NO. YOU ALREADY SAID YOUR PIECE, NOW IT'S MY TURN! Don't you understand how hurt and betrayed I feel by what you did??? Of course, Shinsou hurt me too, but it hurt a thousand times worse knowing you were the one he cheated on me with. You were supposed to be MY person. My best friend, my number one supporter; there for me no matter what ... I told you everything. I told you how much I loved SHinsou, how perfect I thought he was. I thought I met the person I was going to spend the rest of my life with. The one I was going to marry. You sat there listening to me gush about him with a goofy smile on your face, so happy that I was hopelessly in love with this man! You helped me plan date nights and you were there to listen when I was feeling insecure. And in the end, you went behind my back FOR MONTHS! GOD, I WANT TO HATE YOU SO BAD BUT I CAN'T! I hate that I still care about you. I hate that I still love you and Shinsou.' I angrily typed out all the pent up emotions that have been built up over time. I made so many typos that I had to go back and fix before I hit send. Typing out that novel felt so relieving but I still haven't released anywhere near the amount of anger I've accumulated.

'I KNOW!! DON'T YOU THINK I KNOW WHAT I DID?! Y/N I KNOW HOW BAD I HURT YOU AND I KNOW THAT I CAN'T TAKE IT BACK!!!' it took a few minutes for him to read and respond, but I wasn't surprised that he replied selfishly. I took a deep breath and took a moment before I responded.

'Shinsou was my everything ... you knew that. I did everything I could to be the best partner for him. You knew that. You were there for the start of it and who knew you were how it would end. When I walk through the halls at school or even go into the common room, I see you and Shinsou as happy as can be. How can I be expected to get over this when you're flaunting him in front of me ... like you're showing off the fact that you won. You got what you wanted. You're with the man that you love; you did it. And the kicker is, is that he loves you too. I'm doing everything I possibly can to move on and be happy that you're both happy. But I can't when I'm reminded every second that my best friend replaced me.' Sadness replaced the anger I was feeling and I felt overwhelmed. I just want him to understand how I've been feeling. That he didn't just hurt me, he broke me. He snapped me in half when he was supposed to be the one to make sure I stayed put together. What really perplexes me, is how he was able to pretend to be on my side. Didn't he feel guilty? From what I can tell, he only feels guilty because he got caught. I mean, what else am I supposed to think?