Chapter 19

Hot tears streamed down my cheeks as I let the new information sink in and all I could do was laugh. They really had me ... I fell for hook, line, and sinker. But ... Why didn't either of them say anything? They gave absolutely nothing away. I'm not that oblivious ... at least I hope not. None of the vibes changed, nothing I could sense anyways. So, why? Why didn't they tell me the second the feelings appeared? I'm not an intimidating person to talk to ... I would have listened and tried to come up with a solution. He knows this. Both of them do.

'I didn't know how to tell you. I was afraid to say that I fell in love with Denki.'

'So you thought cheating on me was a better idea?'

"No! That never meant to happen! It was a weak moment that happened to be captured by someone! That was the only time we kissed while you and I were together, I promise! Please believe me.' Shinsou went into a little more detail but it didn't make me feel any better. I want to believe him so badly, but I can't. Not after he cheated on me and went behind my back for a few months?? I'm having a lot of trouble understanding why. Why say nothing? Why pretend everything was okay between us? Clearly, something wasn't if he fell in love with someone else. What does Kaminari have that I don't? Why him? Was Shinsou not happy with me? Was I not enough? Am I not enough?

'I really want to. I still don't understand why you couldn't be honest about your feelings with me. Sure, it would have hurt to hear you fell in love with someone else, but we could have worked something out. We could have taken a break so you could have figured out what you wanted to do. Get your feelings together and then decide what's best for you ... for us. Shinsou, I never would have attacked you or blown up at you over something like this.' I let him know exactly what was going through my mind. I need him to know how I feel.

'I-I know. I am so sorry. I didn't know what to do. Denki didn't know what to do. So, we thought it would be best if we forgot the kiss ever happened and move on.' Doesn't he know that things like that don't work that way? Before, he said the kiss happened in a weak moment and that he tried to act as though nothing happened. But, the kiss meant something. It was obvious in his eyes. I watched him for a week like a hawk looking for signs that it was a lie, but what I found was more evidence that it was real. Thinking back, I bet he was thinking about that kiss every chance he could.

'Things would be different if both of you told me sooner. I would still trust you guys. I'm so lost without you both. I hate that I miss you both so much.' I couldn't hold it back any longer and the tears turned into streams pouring down my cheeks. I felt my heartbreaking all over again. I didn't bother brushing the tears away. I let them fall down my cheeks, down my neck soaking my shirt.

'Y/N ... Please let Denki and I make it up to you.' Shinsou and Denki have been trying to make it up to me or find ways to fix this but don't they know they can't?! How would they even begin to fix the damage they inflicted on me?

'How can you possibly make this up to me? The first man I ever loved cheated on me with my best friend. Nothing you two could ever do will fix that hurt.' I wanted so bad to scream but instead, I just sobbed. For the first time in a while, I sobbed. I stopped responding to Shinsou at that moment. I couldn't handle it anymore. I said my piece and for now, that's the best I can do.

I curled myself up into a ball on my bed and continued to sob for who knows how long before I decided I can't be alone. I texted Todoroki and he replied quickly saying he was already on my way to my room.