Chapter 36

The heat from his cheek lingered on my hand and my heart fluttered a bit as I replayed the last few moments over in my mind. My thumb rested on his scar, my fingers tangled in his silky red hair and my palm was held in place on his soft, round cheek by his hand. I almost wished he kept my hand there for a few more moments ...

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" Todoroki asked cautiously after a comfortable silence.

I shrugged, "I mean ... I finally said my piece. Well, half of my piece, and I feel good. I really needed that," I whispered and a small smile played on his lips.

"Did you forgive him?"

I shook my head, "No. I can't ... not now anyways."

"I'm proud of you," Todoroki was a bit bashful, and hearing him say that he was proud of me ... really made my day.

"Thank you ... I'm proud of me too," I chuckled a bit and fell back on my bed.

"Would you like to do something?" Todoroki asked awkwardly.

I shrugged, "I just wanna hang out with you ... we don't have to do anything ... is that okay?" I turned my head to look at him and he had a face of absolute content.

"That's fine by me," he agreed and we spent the evening doing absolutely nothing. We sat on my bed, put on some music, and spent a few hours talking. Todoroki

told me some more about his childhood and I told him about mine. It was nowhere near as complicated as his, but then again I don't think anyone has a family as complicated as Todoroki.

"I don't think ... I've ever talked this much," Todoroki said after he let out a sigh. We were laying down on my bedside by side and I chuckled.

"That's a good thing ... I like the sound of your voice," I admitted softly.

"Is that so?"

"Mhm, it is so," I turned my head and smiled at him.

"T-thank you," Todoroki's cheeks turned a light shade of pink. Wow .... He can be so cute sometimes

Two weeks have gone by since I cleared the air with Kaminari and even after telling the others that we're in a better place, everyone who used to be good friends with him has still refused to even look in his direction. I don't blame them but it upsets me seeing Kaminari all alone when Shinsou isn't here. He's the type of person that needs to be with someone, he has to be in the presence of someone so that he can function and not get too restless. Kaminari's a social butterfly that thrives with others around. Besides, he's suffered alone for too long now.

Since talking things out and voicing our feelings, I don't feel negatively towards him like I did before. Right now, I just want nothing more than for things to go back to the way they were. So, during lunch, I approached the group and sat down in an empty seat beside Sero.

"Hey, guys," I greeted them with a smile.

"Hey! You feeling okay?" Kirishima asked as he leaned forward on the table.

I nodded, "I am! You know, Kaminari and I talked things out a couple of weeks ago and we're civil ... so why don't you guys go sit with him? He looks so sad by himself ..." I spoke softly as I glanced over at the other table where Kaminari was scrolling through his phone.

"I don't want to be friends with a homewrecker!" Ashido pouted and I sighed.

"Come on, you know it wasn't like that. You guys know better than anyone he isn't that type of person. He made a mistake and he's suffered enough," I looked at them all with puppy dog eyes and after a few moments they all gave in.

"Fine!" Ashido let out a sigh and I grinned at her.

"Thanks, guys. I'll go bring him. And please ... just be nice and treat him like you did before, okay?" I stood up from the table and walked over to Kaminari.

"Hey," I put a hand on his shoulder and sat down in the empty seat beside him.

"Y/N! H-hey," He smiled awkwardly and started to fidget with his fingers.

"You look so sad by yourself ... why don't you sit with your friends?" I gestured over to Kirishima and he sighed as he looked away.

"They don't wanna be friends with me anymore ..." Kaminari looked down at the table and I gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze

"Things are different now. I just talked to them and they're willing to give you another chance," I moved my head so I was able to look at his face. He's looking better ... his eyes are brighter and he looks like he's been getting proper sleep.

"I don't know ... what if they still hate me?" his sad puppy dog eyes met mine and I rubbed his back to comfort him.

"They don't, I promise. Kaminari, I think the only one who hates you right now ... is you," I shrugged lightly and he let out a sigh.

"You should ..."

"But I don't. So come on, your friends are waiting," I stood up and took his hand as I dragged him up. I knew he was nervous to approach his old friends ... I could feel it in the way his hand trembled in mine. I had to drag him over to Kirishima's table and sat him down in the seat I was previously sitting in. I stood behind Kaminari and put my hands on his shoulders.

"No one knows more than he does that he messed up and I don't want to see him upset anymore. So please ... take him back," I asked them nicely and Kirishima was the first one to acknowledge Kaminari.

"...If Y/N can give you a second chance, I'll do the same," He extended his hand out and Kaminari accepted it after a moment of hesitation.

"Thanks, Kirishima," Kaminari sounded relieved and once that was all set and done, I searched for Todoroki who was sitting with Iida and Midoriya. Once I found him adorably eating his beloved soba, a smile crept on my face. Cute.

I walked to his table and sat down in front of him, "Hey."

"Hey, Y/N!" Midoriya grinned at me and I couldn't help but smile back at him.

"You look well!" Iida looked relieved to see I was doing okay and I found that pretty sweet.

"I am doing well," I nodded and Todoroki looked pleased as I talked to them. He wasn't much for conversations around everyone else, but I didn't mind. I prefer having our deep conversations in the privacy of my room ... it makes them feel more special that way.