Chapter 16: Kaminari's POV

Still, in Shinsou's room, I decided to reach out to Firefly. I'm surprised they answered me but of course, they wanted nothing to do with me. I tried to clear things up and talk things out but they refused. Not that I blamed them, but I wish they'd give me the chance to explain. They don't have the full story and maybe once they heard it all, we could figure something out.

"I need to go back to my room to grab a few things ... come with me?" I dreaded going back to the I-A dorms but I had to grab a few things from my room if I was going to stay with Shinsou for a little bit.

"Um, sure," Even Shinsou was hesitant as he sat up from his bed and stood up. We slowly made our way back to my dorm and the second we made it to my floor, I froze. I didn't want to walk past their room and hear their sobs. I took a deep breath and continued walking with Shinsou close behind. However, both of us stopped in front of their room. We could hear them crying, but they seemed to have calmed down a bit.

"God damnit Toshi," Their muffled voice was raw and I glanced at Shinsou who looked horrified. Without saying a word, I grabbed his arm and quickly made our way to my room.

"Has .. have they been crying all day?" Shinsou's voice was a mere whisper and I stopped what I was doing for a moment.

"Yeah ..." I answered honestly and continued to pack my bag.

"Fuck ... what have we done?" The horror in his voice matched the sadness on his face and I walked over to him. There was nothing I could say that would make this situation any better, so I chose to stay silent. One of the smartest decisions I've ever made if I were to be completely honest.

I rubbed his back and he leaned onto me, resting his head on my shoulder. This is all I could do for him right now. He really did love them and he knows how bad he hurt them. They're suffering and it's all our fault.

After a few minutes of consoling Shinsou, I pulled him away so I could finish packing. Luckily, I was almost done. I put a few more changes of clothes in my bag, grabbed bathroom stuff and school materials.

"I'm all set," I announced as I held two backpacks on my shoulders. Without hesitation, Shinsou took one of the bags and slung it over his own shoulder.

Before we left the floor, Shinsou stood in front of Firefly's door and listened to them cry. The next thing I knew, he was knocking on their door. What the ... does he really think they're going to answer?

"Kitty ... please open up. Let's talk this out," Shinsou pleaded but we didn't hear a response. We did, however, get a text through a new group chat. All it said was 'no, go away'.

"Please, I need to see you. I'm so sorry ... please let us in," Shinsou rested his head against the door but it never opened. He didn't give up though, he kept trying to get them to open the door or at least talk to us but they didn't budge.

"Shinsou ..." I whispered as I took his hand. I pulled him away from the door and dragged him away to the elevator. If I didn't pull him, he would have stayed there forever.

That night, neither of us slept. We kept tossing and turning, silently crying as the events of today sunk in, and before we knew it, the morning sun was illuminating the dark bedroom. Neither of us got more than 20 minutes of sleep and we were exhausted. Mostly mentally exhausted. My thoughts naturally shifted to Firefly. I wonder if they slept? I hope they're doing better today ... how am I going to face them at school? Should we just pretend that everything is normal and try to fix this in private or are they going to shut me out completely and make a scene? Maybe I should just skip school today ...

"No, we're going to class today," Shinsou's groggy voice caught me off guard and I panicked.

"H-huh? Was I talking out loud!?"

"No, dummy. Your face gave it away," Shinsou yawned and stretched as he wrapped an arm around me, resting his head on my chest. Automatically, I started to play with his soft hair and I sighed.

"What am I going to do when I see them in class?" I whispered.

"I don't know Denki ..."

I sank further in the bed and held Shinsou tight. I didn't want to get up ... this is the only safe space I'll have for a while and I don't want to leave it.