Chapter 07

Chapter 07: Alone

"What a pleasant surprise that you're with your ex-girlfriend, Orcus," the man blurted with sarcasm in his voice, the reason why my brows furrowed. Is he talking about me?

Orcus immediately let go of my hand when the man stared at us with a teasing look. Orcus cleared his throat and somehow distanced himself from me.

"Where's Lolo?" Orcus asked with a stern voice and pushed his glasses that are already going down on his pointed nose. It looks like he wants to cut off what this man is thinking about us.

"Dad can't go because the nurse said that he needs to take a rest after he went to France," the man answered. I ranked him head to toe, and I couldn't identify what's his relationship to Orcus.

Napunta ang tingin sa akin ng lalaki kung kaya yumuko ako dahil sa hiya. Nakagat ko ang ibabang labi ko nang marinig ang kanyang mahinang pagtawa. 

"Come and sit beside me, Serina." His voice gave me goosebumps, but I tried to maintain my composure. Bakit ako tatabi sa kanya e' hindi ko naman siya kilala.

Nakita ko ang bulto ni Orcus na lumayo sa akin at hinila ang upuan. "Sit here," utos niya sa akin at pakiramdam ko ay doon lang ako nagkaroon ng lakas na loob para sundin siya lalo na't siya lang ang kilala ko dito.

Umupo ako sa upuan at saglitan pa akong natigilan nang pumagitna si Orcus. Mukhang napansin niya rin na hindi ako komportable na katabi ang lalaking nakangisi.

"Dapat hindi ka na pumunta, Tito Vincent." Nung binanggit ni Orcus kung sino ang lalaking nasa tabi niya ay doon lang ako nakahinga ng maluwag. 

"Why not? I'm also invited here, for your information," he uttered and took a sip of the wine he's holding.

Tumikhim si Orcus at base sa nakikita ko ay hindi na maipinta ang mukha niya simula nung makita niya ang Tito niya. Hindi ba sila malapit sa isa't-isa?

"Hey, Serina," tawag sa akin ni Sir Vincent at mabuti na lang ay nagawa kong lumingon sa kanya. There was a sensual look on his face, but maybe I'm just imagining things.

"We used to talk a lot, but why are you quiet there?" My eyes were twitching, and my lips parted, trying to gather the words that I will say to him.

"I'm sorry, Sir, but--"

"Sir? Ha! That's new to my ears. I'm not used to you not calling me Vincent even though I'm years older than you," he cut me off with a smirk on his lips. What does he mean?

"Stop talking to her, Tito Vincent. You're making her uncomfortable," Orcus hissed and glared at his uncle like it was raining bullets burying on his body. 

"Wow, defending the one who cheated on you, I see." His uncle didn't sugar-coat his words, but Orcus just rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.