Chapter 33

Chapter 33: Intruder

"Ano bang sinasabi mo, Orcus? Hindi kita maintindihan."

I could feel the cold sweats dripping down to my spine as Orcus was pointing his gun at me. His eyes were in a rage, but there's a hint of desperation. My vision is being swirly, but I forced myself to maintain my composure despite facing death already.

Of course, I won't let my plan be ruined just because of this prosecutor. I thought I got him fooled already, but I was wrong. To be with him is dangerous. Fuck! I should have declined this date if I only knew that this will be the reason why I will be caught.

"Please put the gun down—"

"And why would I do that if I'm facing the woman who cheated on me?" he cut me off, and hearing those words was like stabbing me right to my chest.

"You're crazy," I blurted while shaking my head.

"No, I'm not," diin niya at binaba ang baril para lumapit sa akin. Umangat naman ang sulok ng labi ko dahil sa pagkakataong dipensahan ang sarili ko ngayon na binaba niya na ang baril.

When he held my arm, I immediately twisted his hand and kicked his stomach, which made him groaned in pain. But the kick that I did wasn't enough to make him fall on the ground. He's still holding his gun, shit!

Muli akong nagpakawala ng sipa at ngayon naman ay tumama 'yon sa kamay niya kaya nabitawan niya ang baril na hawak niya. Natigilan siya dahil doon at mahinang natawa na ikinalunok ko dahil sa kaba. Nawawala na ba siya sa sarili niya?

He rolled up his sleeves and unbuttoned the upper buttons of his polo. Even though there was a distance between us, I could see his vein twitches and become engorged. His actions were precise this time. No signs of naivety could be seen.

Just Castriel, the vicious one.

"I don't want to fight with a woman, but I won't let myself being beaten up," he remarked and crackled his knuckles, getting ready to pull his punches. I was gasping for air, but that didn't stop me from attacking him.

"You found me out, Prosecutor. You're really a good observer," I commented while tying my hair into a bun.

"I have many names. You can call me Serina or Seige, but I prefer being called by my true name. It was a long time ago, the last time someone called me Soledad."

Confusion crept up to his face when I uttered my real name. As the name fell on my lips, it felt like my past began to resurface in my mind once again, triggering every part of it.

"Soledad Cervantes, the illegitimate daughter of Raoul Cervantes that got murdered, and I'm also Serina's best friend," I introduced myself with such emphasis, which made his lips parted.

Matagal ko ring tinago ang pagkatao ko. Ginamit ko ang mukha maging ang pangalan ni Serina para siraan siya, pati na rin ang mga magulang niya. Ang akala ng lahat ay patay na ako pagkatapos ng nangyare kay Daddy pero hindi, nakaligtas ako at matagal akong tinago ng step-mother ko.