Chapter 4

Flashback - Storybrooke - Years Ago

On the Jolly Roger, Hook was training Henry in sword training.

Henry finally got the upper hand, "Always watch the blade, I got it," Henry said.

Emma waked onto the deck of the Roger, "Wow, I'm impressed. You fight like your grandfather," Emma said.

"Mom, we're practising," Henry said as he turned to her

Hook disarmed Henry when he was distracted, "Actually, we just finished..." Henry looked at him, "Like I told you always keep your eyes on the blade," Hook said.

"What's the point? I'm never gonna be good enough," Henry said and walked away from them.

Emma walked to Hook as she watched Henry, "What's going on with him lately?" Emma asked.

"I think you know, Emma. He's almost grown," Hook said.

"He's about to leave home, isn't he?" Emma asked.

"Aye," Hook said.

"I'm gonna go talk to me," Emma said.

"What? To stop him?" Hook questioned.

"I missed so much already, I don't want to..." Emma said.

"This isn't an ending, Emma. There's more to come," Hook said.

"But we don't know for sure. What if I don't get a second chance?" Emma said to him.

"It's gonna be okay, I have something to make things a little less terrifying," Hook said as he walked over to a chest and pulled out a small bottle.

"A little bottle of rum? Because I wouldn't say no," Emma said.

"It's a little bottle of magic. You speak your message in here, add the name of your favourite pirate, drop it in the water, and before you can say 'Yo-Ho-Ho', it'll find the person you seek," Hook said.

"A message in a bottle," Emma said.

"Mhm," Hook said.

Emma leaned in and they kissed, "Thank you," Emma said with a smile.

"Look, he's grown into a fine young lad and he is lucky to have a mother like you," Hook said.

"He's lucky to have a pirate like you," Emma said.

"He's gonna be fine," Hook said.

In another realm the same time

Eira ran into her parent's chambers and saw her father lying in bed, surrounded by a doctor, healer, nurses and her stepmother.

"Papa..." Eira said as she ran to him.