Chapter 30

Rogers and Weaver stepped out of the elevator to question Nick, "So, what do we do when we talk to this headcase? Do we call him Nick or is it Hansel?" Roger asked.

"It doesn't matter, all he's gonna be responding to soon is a number on the back of an orange jumpsuit," Weaver said.

The two of them walked into the interrogation room and found Nick down, "Should we get help?" Rogers asked.

"I don't think we have to both," Weaver said.

"What the hell happened? You think some kind of medical condition?" Rogers asked.

Weaver saw some straw on the floor and realised that someone else was here, "No, there was someone here with him," Weaver said.

"How? The door was locked and we're the only ones with a key card," Rogers said.

"Lockdown the building. Now!" Weaver said as he ran out of the room.

"Where the hell are you going?!" Rogers called out.

Weavers went to the evidence locker and discovers that the Dark One dagger was gone.

The next day, Henry was at Roni's and Jacinda met them there.

"I'm just so happy you didn't get hurt. How did I make such a mistake with Nick?" Jacinda asked.

"You can't blame yourself, okay? Nobody realised he was crazy," Henry said.

"Y-You still haven't told me much about what he said to you or did to Winter. Maybe talking about it would help," Jacinda said.

"Yeah, uh, thank you, but to be honest, I...I just don't think we're ready yet... Winter's locked herself up in her room, I should... I should get back to her," Henry said.

Jacinda nodded, "I understand, go she needs you," Jacinda said.

"Thank you," Henry said and walked out of the bar.

At the police station, Weaver was heading out the door when Rogers approached him.

"Weaver, what the hell's going on?" Rogers asked.

"I have a hunch who killed our suspect, this one I intend to follow up on," Weaver said.

"So, I guess I'll take care of all the actual, bloody police work, then," Roger said.

"Well, you go ahead. Pull surveillance footage, dust for prints, follow whatever part of the book you like. Just don't get in my way," Weaver said.

"What the hell's gotten into you? I've never seen you like this," Roger said.

"Like what?" Weaver asked.

"Scared," Rogers said and watched as Weaver left without another word.