Chapter one

*English*

I stand in front of the glass doors to a building that will change my life forever. Gripping the left of my backpack tighter than I usually do, I look to my left to see my best friend of the past 12 years right beside me.

"You ready?" She asks, looking into my emerald eyes.

"If we are being honest no," I say, making her do her iconic light chuckle, that somehow made her sound like an angel.

"If I'm being honest, I am, so let's go," she says, opening the door and dragging me inside the clean, pretty building.

I see pictures on the wall of men that I assume to be Exo members, but I couldn't tell you their names.

"Everything is so pink," my model friend says looking around.

"Huh, this seems more like a store than a music company, do you think we're in the wrong place?" I ask looking at my wide-eyed bestie.

"Who cares I want these plushies," she rolls her eyes, walking over to some female kpop idol plushies.

"Sid, we don't have the time to mess around like this, we have five minutes until we meet with the CEO!" I say, speeding walking toward her I grab her wrist and turn her around while she holds the plushie up to her chest.

"This one has pineapple," she says with a giant smile.

I couldn't help but giggle at her cuteness.

"Here, you can have grapes cause you like purple drinks so much," she says after turning around holding two of them.

I sigh, knowing that I'm defeated.

"Come on let's go buy these, as I call Mr. Lee," I tell her as she picks up a couple of matching keychains.

"After the meeting, we should do a photoshoot in Han river," she says happily as she walks to the register counter.

I nod my head at her watching skip to the line. I turn on the phone and scroll to Mr. Lee's number.

"Hello," he answers, I mentally bowed to him.

"Hello, sir. This is Joyce Bang, I'm at the address that you texted me, but I seem to be in the wrong place. It looks like a store more than anything," I say looking around.

"Oh, no. You're in the right place, I'll be there in a couple of minutes,'' he says hanging up before I could say anything else.

I look at my phone and sigh before putting my phone in my pocket. I watch Sid run to me happily.

"This is for me and that is for you, apparently these girls are from Red Velvet. My plushie is of Seulgi and yours is Yeri. They are popular here," she says happily, giving me the chibi plushie of Yeri holding purple grapes.

"Cute," I say in awe looking at the plushie.

"So what did Mister Scooter say?" she asked, squeezing her plushie.

"Why did you call Mr. Lee, Mr. Scooter?" I ask, she shrugs while looking at me.

"I don't know, but what did he say?" she asked happily.

"He said we are at the right place and he'll take us to the room," I say looking around trying to find him.

Mr. Lee is our CEO if we join the company, and he looks like he is in his early 30s, he is darker than most of the people here and kinda chubby. He is married and has two kids a boy and a non-binary child.

"Girls, welcome to Korea! How was your flight?" He asked, looking at Sid and me.

"Tiring," I say at the same time as Sid who said, "Fun!"