Chapter 41

*English*

I walk into the Sm building, it's been two days since Aashi arrived. Aashi and I are talking while we both drink boba.

"Girl, you got an addiction," Aashi says.

"I do not," I say.

"How many cups of boba did you have today," she asks me.

"Um... three," I say.

"You had three cups! It's only noon. How the hell did you do that," she asks.

"Um... I have no comment," I say, making her chuckle.

"Girl you're going to die from this addiction," she says as we walk past a white girl. "Wait you saw that right," she says.

"It's the rare white girl," I say.

" I haven't seen a white person for the past 2 days," she says.

"Bruh what are white people," I chuckle out.

"We should say hi to her, she seems lonely," Aashi says.

"We should call them they and because we don't know their pronouns," I say, making Aashi.

"Sure but if we are talking in Korean you need to talk to them," Aashi says as we walk back to the feminine person.

*Korean*

"Hello," I say showing a bright smile.

"Hi, um do you speak English. I'm not that good in Korean I've only been here for a week," they say with a smile back.

*English*

Yeah, I'm Joylce," I say.

"Aashi," Aashi says.

"I'm Esmee," they say while smiling.

"What pronouns do you use," Aashi says while pulling me to the side.

"Um I use she/they," Esmee says.

"Cool, Joylce can we add her to the group? I think that she'll be a fun addition," Aashi pleads while looking at me.

"Um, we first need to find out if she has talent then we can add her, only if she wants," I explain.

"Group?" Esmee questions.

"Yeah, Joylce, Fathima and Sidney just started a girl group. We need 8 members but we currently have four," Aashi says.

"Aah make sense, are all of you guys brown," Esmee asks.

"Nah, only three of us are not sickly white skin," Aashi says.

Did she just say that Sidney's skin is sickly white?

"That's cool, I can sing," Esmee says.

"Seriously, can we hear," Aashi says as I stand there not knowing what to do?

"Um sure, I'll do a cover of Bruno Mars Grenade," she says.

How did I get here?

Am I really going to judge someone's singing in the hallway to the practice room!

What a life?

Esmee starts to sing.

Okay, her voice is really good. It's so unique, I wonder what else she's good at.

"Joylce, we have to go. You got a meet and greet in two hours and we got to get you ready," my new manager named Yong-Suk. She's young and really funny plus chill.

"Alright, I got to go," I say before leaving.