Prologue

I am one of the twins who hate the number seven. Why? Because it's at that age, we lost everything, and we now resent it with pure passion. Our mother was a doctor who was sent out to war. She was attacked by one of her patients and killed. Our sensei was in that same war. He was a ninja and was sent out to protect the citizens. He went MIA and still hasn't been found - presumed dead, like usual. When the news reached our household, my father changed my name because it reminded him far too much of our mother. I refuse to accept it, and no longer have a first name because of it.

My father put my twin brother and me into care, where we soon got into Beyblade, and six months later, upon seeing the talent displayed, my father took my brother out of care because he thought that my brother would become someone better - someone great. I was left to rot in the mud. Or maybe it was because the similarities between myself and my mother were too great for him to handle. I guess I can understand why he wouldn't want me. As a child, though, it was something I could never wrap my head around. But, it's the norm for a small group of society. And do you wanna know what I find funny? It's always our fault that we ended up like this. We asked for it in some way. I never understood that mindset. I was a child. How was I asking for what came to me? I didn't understand any of it. I was seven and my family had abandoned me.

My brother and I aren't allowed to meet each other, speak to each other, contact each other, or know anything about each other. After five years of devoting my life to the sport, I gave up on Beyblade and started a new life, because despite it meaning so much, it was too much of a connection to the family I wanted to forget about. You wanna know what my skill level was? I was number one. But it's now been four years, and I haven't done any blading ever since, nor have I seen my brother. There's no point dwelling on the past, though, I guess.

In those four years, I was never fostered or adopted or anything like that. But my father soon took me out of care for reasons unknown to me and bought an apartment for me, which I still live in with one of my brothers. I continue to study so I can provide for my family later down the line even better than I can now. I have never been alone, though, so I can't complain. I have none other than Shu Kurenai, Lui Shirosagi and Free De La Hoya as my family. I couldn't ask for better luck. They were there for me when no one else could be. Not that we had much of a choice, though. We were all in the same boat, so we might as well save each other from drowning. Even if it was in the cruellest way possible.

I have watched the world burn and families torn apart. It's painful to watch - to listen to their cries. I'll never be like them, I promised myself a long time ago. I lied to myself, I hate that I'm not like them, in fact, I'm worse than them, and I hate it. It hurts. I tried to stop acting like them but... the sensation feels good for some strange reason. Am I a monster? Who knows - even I don't. If I'm a monster, so be it. I'd rather be that than a hopeless human being. Why am I like this, you ask? What forced me to become such a pessimist in this story? It's simple, really. The first to betray me was a god. My creator. My mother. The second was a human. My friend. The third was one exactly like me. A hope for the future. A fledgling barely out of the next. Humans. They can't be trusted. So I said good riddance. I denounce the world and laugh in its face. But, I've always believed that if we were destined to be on the same side I'd survive. That's not the case, though - they were born to shine, brighter than me. I'll always be the villain, no matter who, where or what I am since this world will always side with the brighter light, the 'protagonist'.

Nobody asked for my story, nobody asked me if I was okay. I was born alone, and I'll stay alone. Forever. I'll stop dwelling on these pointless thoughts and I'll never forget you. The boy who performed miracles this world didn't need. The boy whose miracles saved so many. I'll cherish each memory I've made with all of you, good and bad. I feel relieved that I'm finally free. You're confused, huh? Well, consider that insight into a broken person's soul, and let that be a lesson of sorts. Cherish those precious smiles you see every day, because you may never see one ever again. Broken people are sneaky in that sense. They don't like letting you know they're broken, even if it kills them. Broken means hidden and hidden means perfect and perfect means protection. Don't you dare forget it.

I am the Nameless Murasaki, and this story isn't actually about me. I'm not why you're here. This is about Lui Shirosagi. He is the reason you came here. And this is a story about how a cold-hearted blader like him can change. Cliché already, right? Well, the ending maybe, but what did you expect? The journey, however, is a whole other story. Join us on a journey to change the biggest jerk of them all, and maybe even learn about the past of people who were thought to be perfect. Children who just need to be loved. I know what you're thinking. Not another book like this, why won't kids stop writing about their problems? Well, it's simple. We'll stop writing when society learns its lesson. Now, society may have to learn that in fire and blood and anguish, but be that as it may. We are tired of suffering for a world that doesn't deserve our pain. 

Before we get into this little story of light and darkness, love and hatred, hope and despair, I would like to say a few things. My name is Lui Shirosagi. I'm the poor bastard that has to suffer for your damn entertainment. Now, I don't expect your sympathy or anything. I appreciate that it's something hard to come by nowadays. What I want you to do is appreciate the smiles that surround you each day. I didn't deserve any of what I got - none of us did. But I still suffered for a world that didn't deserve my pain, and I can't change that. But, now at the end of this journey, there are smiles I wish I could see one last time. I know that I'm no Saint, and that these losses are meant to teach me a lesson or some crap, but sometimes emotions can be blinding and you forget the reason you’re fighting for.

I was the child of a monster, and so many people expected me to turn out exactly like him - especially when I lost my mother. Sure, she wasn’t any better of influence than him, and she despised me just as much as he did. But she had her moments. She kept me from going crazy and turning into that very monster. And I was grateful. I don’t blame her for leaving us the way she did. And I very much expect you to just skim past this part. But please help to end this cycle of abuse. I’ve seen too many children’s hopes die. Children like me. You might not be able to do much, but please. Help us.

This is a story to emphasise how a child had everything taken away from him because society dubbed him as a monster before he could amount to anything worthwhile, and he had to prove himself again and again and again over the stupidest things. We have been fighting these battles since we were children. We are not survivors. We are fighters. And we survived because the fire inside of us burned brighter than the fire around us. You’re not a victim for sharing your story, you are a survivor setting the world on fire with your truth. And you never know who needs your light, your warmth and raging courage. Do not enjoy this story, but feel our pain. We never asked to be the monsters society painted us as, but it's not like we had a choice. Both us in the story and those in real life. Who we are is something that may only be skin deep, and a smile can hide so much that it's actually scary. Can you understand why?