Practice

It was the end of the school day and you were in a field, lightly tossing a ball and helping Hinata with his receives.

"So you need to stand like this." You said as you shifted into a recieving stance. "Send me a ball." You requested and you had a volleyball flying your way.

Your eyes narrowed as you focused on where it was going to land and rushed to receive it. It was back into the air and the ball fell to where the setter would be if it were an actual game.

"Y/N! THAT WAS SO COOL!" Hinata yelled.

"It was just a simple receive. My Nii~chan tought me a lot about volleyball so I can play if I want to. Once I got to join his practice as a libero." You rambled as the orange haired boy was so amazed.

"YOU MUST BE REALLY GOOD THEN!" He shouted as a black haired male walked over.

"Who's this, you Boke?" The tall male asked Hinata who was angered just by his presence.

"HEY! DON'T BE SO MEAN BAKAYAMA!" Hinata shouted at the black haired male.

"Please quiet down." You mumbled out, hands lightly pressed against your ears.

"Sorry Y/N-chan!" Hinata bowed in your direction.

"Can't take loud noises, what good are you?" The black haired male said.

"Don't talk to her like that!" Hinata shouted at the taller male who rolled his eyes.

"She better be good at teaching receives and stuff." He said and walked over to you. "What's your name?"

"Y/N Ukai, you?" You said calmly and crossed your arms.

"Kageyama Tobio." He responded and went to grab the volleyball.

Hinata grabbed it first and stuck his tongue out at Kageyama. You sighed and looked at the two.

"Kageyama Tobio, a setter. Expects too much from a spiker." You said pointing to Kageyama.

"Not true!" He yelled as you pointed to Hinata.

"Hinata Shoyo, a mix of roles, he may not be tall but he makes that up in jumping and will power. He never had a good setter to practice with." You said as Hinata stammered on his words.

"Thank you but what do you mean by the descriptions?" Hinata asked and you turned to him.

"You two are going to make for great parners but you guys need to practice with eachother. Start with practicing receives." You said, taking the volleyball and tossed it so Hinata can receive it.

You watched as Hinata failed to receive it and you grabbed the ball. "You need to fix your stance and have more confidence, you keep your eyes on the ball and you can know where it lands. If you know where it is going to land and how to have your arms you can receive it perfectly." You rambled as the two boys looked at you with surprise. "Send me a serve, Kageyama." You said and tossed the ball to he could catch it.

"A...alright." Kageyama said and sent you a serve as you narrowed your eyes, focus completely on the ball as to rushed to where it would land and received it.

"That was so cool Y---" Hinata went to complement you as your phone rang and you rushes to pick it up.

"NII~CHAN!" You yelled excitedly, your entire demeanor changing from calm to an excited child.

"GET HOME NOW!" Your brother yelled at the other end of phone.

"But I am helping a volleyball kid with their receives." You whined as the two boys were confused.

"I don't care. You need to come home little crow. Its dangerous for you to be out alone right now."

"Why? Wait, don't tell me that son of a---"

"LANGUAGE! No cursing little crow. And I'll tell you once your home." Your brother said as you nodded.

"Love you Nii~chan." You said as you hung up the phone and heard leaves russling and the volleyball is seen in the tree.

"Stupid Boke, get it out of the tree!" Kageyama yelled as you sighed.

"I'll get it out." You said and began climbing the tree.

Right as you went to grab it, it fell from the tree. You noticed someone grab it before Hinata could catch it.

"Huh?" The orange haired boy looked up in confusion to see Tsukishima holding the ball with a smirk on his face.

(A/N: Please notify me of any mistakes. I hoped you enjoyed and thank you for reading!)