Prologue;

"And the 1st place winner of The Miss Beauty, beauty pageant goes to..."

The drum roll rumbled throughout the floorboards and my body, making me even more nervous than I already was. The announcer slowly opened the black envelope with the name of the pageant in gold writing, the slower he went the more anxious I got. But of course, I kept my posture and made sure my smile was big and bright.

"Brielle White!"

I smiled wide as I walked up, claiming my crown and cash prize. I looked out at the crowd seeing the many different facial expressions - happy, disappointed, rapturous - but the one that mattered to me the most was my mother who was delighted to see her baby girl win for the fifth time in a row.

She was delighted because she thought I was living my dream. But, in reality, I was living my mother's unrealistic dream.

This wasn't what I wanted anymore - maybe I did when I was five - I wanted to be normal.

I wanted to make friends, go on dates, have a boyfriend, eat as much junk food as I wanted, not worry about how I look constantly, genuinely smile. I wanted to be happy.

But I couldn't, I had to continue faking who I was in order to keep my families undefeated title of beauty pageants reputation.

This wasn't me - this wasn't the Brielle White I wanted to be.

I was hiding behind my families reputation, I wanted to make my family happy but what was more important?

Making me happy, or my parents? Sadly, the answer was my parents.

Or at-least that's what this felt like. I had been doing this for so long that I forgot what it was like to do something I truly wanted to do without my parents breathing down my neck.

"Thinner is better, Brielle. Remember that. Never let yourself go." My mothers words constantly in the back of my mind when I think of any fattening food.

"Always make sure your makeup looks good, never wanna look trashy dear."

"Straight posture, don't slouch never slouch."

"No greasy foods, they're bad for you"

"Heels are so classy, always wear them when necessary."

"Remember to smile, it leaves a good impression."

So many damn rules and regulations. But this was my life, this was who I was now.

I feel like I'm hiding behind a mask - a mask of perfection.

I wanted to be set free, I wanted to be the Eighteen year old Brielle White who loved music, loved basketball, who misses the smell of meat.

The Brielle White who was happy...