chapter 21

Laying low on the top of a plane hanger, Jack scrolled lazily through her phone doing nothing really. She was bored silly. Placing the phone on her stomach, she tucked her hands behind her head and stared at the dark starry night. She sighed and closed her eyes as the cold wind caressed her cheeks.

Two minutes later, she heard the faint whirring sound of the jets engines as it approached. About damn time. Several minutes passed and the plane descended and began to taxi along the runway. Turning over to lie on her stomach, she inched closer to where her sniper was setup and waited for the door to open.

The cold night air whipped around her, pulling strands free from her loose ponytail, but she kept her focus on the jet. She was beginning to get annoyed, what was taking the chit so damned long? She could have been in her warm bed sleeping, but there she was waiting for him to exit the plane like a prince.

Though she could have easily sent someone else to do the job for her, she sometimes loved the thrill of pulling the trigger herself. And she wanted the satisfaction of killing this particular person herself.

Just then the door opened, and guards exited the plane before he finally came down. The little drug lord had gone on a holiday with her freaking money! The guards flanked him on all sides forming a wall around him and Jack scoffed. What a drama king. What was the use of having all those guards when she was still gonna kill him?

She looked at his dressing, gold chains adorned his neck and wrists, and he wore a fur coat. He looked more like a popstar than an actual drug lord. His dressing alone was enough to attract attention.

Jack rubbed her thumb and fore finger together, looking through the scope of her sniper and waited till he got to his car. She placed her hand on the trigger and held her breath as she waited for the perfect moment, he wasn’t really far away so she could hit him wherever she wanted.

A guard opened the door and he was about stepping in when Jack pulled the trigger. The shot met him in the head. How she loved head shots, felt like she was playing Call of Duty and they gave her five points for the headshots.

Death, that's what you get for cheating me.

His body fell into his car and his guard scattered around looking like headless chickens. Some took cover while looking for the shooter, others ran off. She laughed, like they could see her from the roof top. She chuckled at their foolishness and got up. Dismantling the gun, she placed it’s parts in a guitar case. Then she smoothed her hair back and put on a black baseball cap.

The drug lord was a dick and a thief. The asshole had lied to her that two drug shipments had sunk in the ocean. One container going down was accepted, it sometimes happened as the sea was unpredictable. But two going down in a single week was fucking suspicious. Two shipments worth millions of dollars! And she was just supposed to turn a blind eye to that? Hell no!

He was fucking stupid to think he could lie to her and get away with it. He had been warned once, but he had the guts to do it again. She felt no remorse in killing him. He’d had it coming for a while now. Dominic hadn’t built the empire by encouraging such things. And she planned to increase the empire, not reduce it because of some thieving idiots.

She grabbed the handle of the guitar case and blended into the crowd at the exit gates of the airport. Jose started the car and drove off as she entered. On getting home, Angy told her that Dimitri waited for her in her study. Handing the case over to her, Jack walked into the study where she met Dimitri, Lucas and a third person.

“So, this is her,” Jack said staring at her double.

“Yes.”

Jack walked around the girl taking in her features. She looked exactly like Jack, only that she had blonde hair, which was even better. Though Jack was taller, but heels could easily cover that up. The girl had brown eyes, but contacts would work.

“Where did you find her?”

“Vegas. She worked as a stripper and was eager to get away and do something else,” Dimitri said.

They really looked alike, there was barely a difference between them.

“Plastic surgery?” she asked, and Lucas nodded.

“What’s your name?”

“Kim,” the girl answered in a light voice.

“Hmm, her voice doesn’t exactly sound like mine, but she’ll pass for me. Thank you, Dimitri, you can go.”

It was Dimitris idea that they found her a lookalike, so he had been the one with the mission. After a lot of searching and surgery amongst other things, Kim was ready. Jack stared at the girl. It was like staring into a slightly altered mirror.

The door closed and Jack went to sit behind her desk, “I’m sure by now you know who I am? They must have briefed you on everything, am I correct?” Kim nodded and Jack continued, “Do you know what you are getting yourself into?”

“Yes.”

“You know you can be killed any day, right?” The girl nodded in reply.

“Alright. You will be living here of course, cause I can’t let you go so you don’t get killed, or worse, blown up. You are me now, which means you are a target 24/7. But I can assure you will have maximum protection at all times of the day. You won’t be allowed to leave the house without supervision. Your job is to pretend to be me when needed, otherwise you are free all day. Got it?”

“Got it,” Kim replied.

“Do you have any regrets? Or something you would like to say?”

“None.”

“Ok. Anything you want or need will be provided for you, all you have to do is ask Sisi. She’s our housekeeper. And note that you are not allowed to talk to the other workers. You can go,” Jack said and turned back to her computer. She looked up after she heard the door close.

“Well that was quite the experience,” Lucas said to himself and leaned back in his chair.

“Yeah, it was.”

She didn’t see the need for a double, but Dimitri said it was important. She wondered if her father had had a double. A double was meant to be used as bait amongst other things. To take her place in events she couldn’t attend, and take a bullet if need be. A double was easily expendable, but she was not.

___________________

So, what do we think of this chapter?

Can I just say I have some amazing readers?? You know yourselves, thank you. Triple hugs..

Any mistakes? And please, if you have suggestions, or critics, say it. I'm willing to learn and improve my writing.
We learn everyday.