(123) I need her

♡ NOAH

I wake up with a start, finding the spot next to me empty. I touch the bedding and it feels cold. She's been up for a while. Has she gone back to her room?

I sit up and check the time on my phone. It's 10 already. Fuck me, I can't remember the last time I slept in. And such a wonderful sleep it was. I see a message on my phone and open it right away when I read those three letters that make my heart race.

Are you awake yet?
Let me know when you are, I'll bring you breakfast.

I reply right away to let her know I'm up. I swing my legs over the edge of the bed and get up to brush my teeth. I walk into the bathroom and take in my reflection as I brush. My hair is a wild mess, but my eyes seem different. Fuck, I better not be in love. Pretty sure she'll break my heart.

There's a knock on the door and I spit the toothpaste out to open the door. I stare at the angel in front of me, wearing a long turquoise dress and a sweet smile. She walks in and straight out to the balcony, putting the tray of breakfast goodies on the small table there.

She sits down on one of the chairs, putting her feet up on the banister, and closes her eyes. I lean against the door frame, taking in the extremely relaxed state she's in. She looks more beautiful than ever.

She turns her head my way and opens one eye, "Sit down Noah. Eat and drink something. And then we'll talk."

Fuck, that makes me nervous. I sit down, wearing nothing but my boxers, and feel her eyes on my chest and abs as I sip from my coffee. I look into her eyes and she winks at me. Wow. Confident and relaxed. 

She opens a packet of sugar and dumps it in her coffee, challenging me with her green eyes. But I'm sure as hell not screwing things up again. I hope. She drinks her coffee with her eyes closed and I check out all the food she brought. Fruit, croissants, and boiled eggs. 

I grab a croissant and a moan escapes my lips, making Ama open her eyes to look at me.

Fuck me. I'm blushing and if I'm not careful I'll stutter. 

She leans on the table, the arm below her breasts pushing them up a little, tempting me to look at them. But I stay focused on her eyes and see all of her emotions in there.

I eat a strawberry and lean on the table too, kissing the tip of her nose. "You've made up your mind, haven't you? Tell me Ama."

She hands me her phone and says: "The message opened on the screen is what I sent to Donté. Just to be transparent about it all."

I read her words and feel a stab in my heart. She's not choosing me... or Donté. Which means I still have a chance. If Donté doesn't kill me for sleeping with her on this retreat. I wanted her to follow her heart and she's clearly doing that. I can't blame her for not making a choice right now.

But do I want to be friends? Can I be friends with her? And with benefits? It sounds fun but when she sleeps with him too... Yeah, that doesn't sound ideal. 

But not having her in my life is worse.

She gets up and sits down on my lap, cupping my face as she stares deep into my eyes, hers searching mine for the answers to the questions in her head. 

I love her. Fuck me, I love her so much. But I'm not sure I should tell her right now.

She rests her forehead against mine and speaks in a soft, loving tone. "I know you love me. I love you too. But I can't choose right now. I love you both and I don't want to make that choice now that my life is going to change. I'm not done discovering myself, loving all that I am. And that's not fair to you or him. So I'm choosing to take a step back and see where this goes."

She clears her throat and whispers: "I would love to have sex with you again. But I can't promise you a future, because I have no clue what mine looks like."

I kiss her lips lightly and she gets up from my lap. She runs her fingers through my messy hair, "Thank you for these amazing days full of self-reflection. I've learned a lot here. You were so right, it was exactly what I needed. Take your time to think about it. I'm going to take another meditation class and I'll have lunch in the restaurant downstairs. If you want to avoid me, you'll know where I am."

She takes a step towards the door and I grab her wrist, pulling her back onto my lap. She giggles and her eyes show surprise when she looks up at me. I kiss her lips, firm and slow, holding her close to me to make sure she doesn't walk away again.

"Ama, I love you. I'm going to take all the time I can get with you. And I'll let you take the lead here. You tell me what you want and when you want it. But please don't cut me out of your life. That would kill me. And even if it means you'll be having sex with Donté too... I just want to spend time with you."

She blinks a few times before staring into my eyes to see if I mean it. Her eyes shimmer and she swallows a lump down, lost in her thoughts as she plays with my hair again. She whispers: "I was convinced you were not going to go for it. After you said... I was so sure you would..."

A tear rolls down her cheek and I catch it with my finger, kissing it off. I kiss her cheek too and rub her back, giving her all the time she needs to accept my answer. She wraps her arms around my neck and kisses my lips softly, over and over, making me smile wider every time her lips touch mine.

She whispers a 'thank you' and before I can say something, her phone rings. The display shows Montell's name and I hand it to her. She gets up from my lap and picks up, leaning on the banister and pushing her ass back as she listens to Montell talk.

I eat an egg and some more fruit to distract myself, trying not to listen to her conversation. I still pick up a few words though. 

"Dinner? At my place? (...) Oh yes, your old place. (...)A surprise? (...) I'll discuss it with Noah, I'll let you know. (...) Montell? Kiss Mona for me? I miss her. What? (...) Yeah, yeah, I miss your dark chocolate ass too."

She laughs and ends the call. "I want to be home for dinner. Is that possible? Or do you have to stay here till the end?"

"That's possible. I only have a Bikram class to teach and then we can go home. We can take the long road and enjoy the beach and the ocean a little longer."

Her eyes light up and her smile takes my breath away. 

I'm going to give it my all to be part of her life. I need her.

Fuck me, I didn't stutter once.

♡♡♡

Can you smell the end yet? 

Yeah, I know that's mean. 

Donté's chapter is next and then it's time for Fae's birthday party. 
With a special guest. Might be a two chapter one. ;)

I might need another one to wrap things up before the epilogue. 
But I never force my writing, I just go with the flow so we'll have to wait and see.

This was supposed to be Donté's chapter, but Noah had a lot to say. 

See you when the next chapter is done.

Donté was created by LnDscripts