Should I Ask Him?

- Ellie's Pov -

I tossed and turned all night. I couldn't get it out of my head. Why did Meliodas tell Ban he was in love with me? I knew I shouldn't have left the room to find the loo. I ran my hands through my hair as I sat on the bed. It was only 8 in the morning so I knew that no one would be up. I rolled onto my front and face-planted the pillow. I felt like screaming.
*KNOCK*KNOCK*
My head shot up. I thought no one was up.
"Come in" I called as I rubbed my eyes. Diane stuck her head around the door "Morning Diane"
"Morning. Wanted to see how you were doing. I heard you moving around last night" Diane sat on the end of my bed.
"I can't sleep in a strange place. Never been able to" I lied. I couldn't tell this girl that Meliodas had feelings for me.
"It gets easy over time. I used to hate sleeping here. Mainly out of fear because Ban pulls pranks. Though that is mostly aimed at King and Meliodas" Diane chuckled "So what do you wanna do today? Shopping? Sleeping?"
"I can't. I am meeting Meliodas's Dad, Mum and Brother today. Something about how they wanna see me. Apparently, I have been away far too long and I am moving in with Meliodas" I rolled my eyes.
"That would explain why Ban said to be on standby for orders" Diane moaned. I didn't catch Diane's eye. I wrapped my arms around my legs "Ellie? What's eating away at you?" Diane scooted closer to me "Talk to me. Don't make me get Meliodas" Diane went to stand up.
"No. Don't get him" I grabbed Diane's arm. Diane frowned as she sat back down.
"Spill"
"It goes no further" Holding up my pinky "What I tell you. You won't tell anyone"
"I swear it" Diane nodded as made a pinky pact "Why are you so freaked out?"
"After sending you lot to bed last, Meliodas walked to this room and hugged me goodnight. I closed the door. 5 minutes later, I need the loo and I open my door to hear voices downstairs. I tiptoe to the stairs and it's Ban and Meliodas talking. Meliodas was head-butting the bar"
"What were they talking about?" Diane crossed her arms.
"Meliodas told Ban... He told him... That... He... Was... Sorta... In love with me" I struggled to say the words but I finally got the sentence out.
"Meliodas is in love with you" Diane stumbled on her words.
"Apparently so. I don't know what to make of all this. I've been back one day, I might have found my real Dad. I got to see you guys again. I'm moving in with Meliodas, I got a job here and my best friend is in love with me. I am slightly freaking out!" I gripped my hair, Giving a small tug. Diane put her hands on my forearms.
"Ellie, Why are you freaking out at Meliodas?"
"He is my best friend. I don't wanna lose him" I mumbled.
"You won't lose him. He spent all this time trying to find you. The question you need to ask yourself is. Did you freak out because you have feelings for him?" I lowered my head and flopped onto my bed "That answers my question"
"I don't wanna have these feelings. I'm a Goddess and he is a Demon. Ain't we meant to be enemies" I grumbled into my quilt.
"You can't help who you fall in love with" Diane patted my back.
"Should I ask him about it?" I pushed myself up onto my elbows. Fiddling with my necklace.
"If I was you then yeah, I would talk to him about it. But knowing Meliodas, He would deny it was ever said to save face"
"I hate this. I knew I should have stayed in my room" I flopped again. After a minute or two of Diane rubbing my back "Did you know?"
"I had my suspicions. I can't tell you what to do but you need to make a choice. Tell him or get over him"
"How do you get over someone that isn't yours, to begin with," I climbed up onto my knees and grabbed my phone "I'm going to head back to mine. I need to get changed" I hopped of the bed. I gave Diane a hug "Thanks for chatting. Even if seems that I am now running away from things. I'll send the guys a group chat. Catch ya later"
"Catch ya later Ellie" Diane waved bye as she went back to her room.

After Meliodas walked me home and flew off (Why does he fly when he can drive?) I went upstairs. I had one outfit out. Today's choice was dark blue skinny jeans, A black vest top, Black flats and a black thin cardigan that had some funky geometric pattern on it. I took my hair out of the ponytail. Gave it a good brush and put it back up.
*KNOCK*KNOCK*
I walked downstairs, I thought it was Meliodas as he was only going home to get changed himself. I look through the peephole and saw a green pillow, With Ban flying around as if he was on a magic carpet. I opened the door and everyone was outside.
"The Sins removal services" Ban saluted. He hopped off the pillow.
"What are we moving?" King yawned.
"The captain said everything" Ban held his arms out.
"He also said that the kitchen appliances were yours" I put my hands on my hips "You guys were only snoring less than 5 minutes ago?"
"Yeah, I have been up since 5. Someone snores" Elaine glared at Ban. He pretended to act all innocent.
"I told you to buy earplugs when we started dating" He shrugged. King went flying at him but Diane grabbed him by the ankle.
"Leave him, King. We got work to do" Diane pulled King away "Right. Me and Ban will throw things at King and he can pack them in the truck using Chastiefol"
"What's my job?" Elaine raised her hand.
"Bossing Ban around" Diane smiled as Elaine flew in a circle.
"What do want me to do?" I smiled "Though I think Meliodas is taking me to breakfast"
"Is that why you are all made up?" Diane smirked at me as she pulled me to the side. I started to blush.
"Please don't say a thing about earlier in front of this lot" I covered my eyes with one hand. Leaving one hand on the hip.
"But Ban already knows. And we have two mind-reading Fairies in the area. They will find out eventually" Diane whined as she walked off. I followed her.
"I don't want that lot to know how I feel. Not yet and maybe not ever. I ain't made my mind up"

We went into the front room to find Ban had popped the window out.
"What? Makes it easier to launch things" Ban launched a box out the window "See"
"Fair point" Diane grabbed another box and launched that.
"Will you please let me help?" I begged.
"No. Go sit and wait for your breakfast date with the Captain!" Diane bossed and pointed to the door.
"It's not a date!" I stormed out the door and sat under the tree by the path "Don't see why I can't help till Meliodas gets here. I hope Diane keeps quiet" Though speak of the devil and they shall appear. Meliodas sat next to me.
"Hey, Ready for breakfast?" He raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah since I can't help out here. Where are we heading?" I climb to my feet and held my hand out for Meliodas to grab. He stared at it "Need a hand up?"
"I'm good. We are heading to Cafe Latte. It does the most amazing breakfasts in town" Meliodas did a happy dance as we walked off.
"WHAT ABOUT MY BREAKFAST!" Ban shouted out the window.
"Open The Boar Hat for breakfast and I will change my mind. Till then shut up and get back to work" Meliodas spun round to walk backwards. I giggled again. This man is going to be the death of me if he makes me blush anymore.