22 - Regina's Lowest Point

Maya stretches and gets out of bed. Regina was already on the laptop at the desk, typing up something. She was already dressed for school.
"Ah... good morning babycakes... thought I'd let you sleep in... I woke up at around six and you were still fast asleep.." Regina turns and smiles warmly to her girlfriend.
"Morning..." Maya grabs her uniform and puts it on. She leans over Regina's shoulder and kisses her neck.
"Whatcha doin'?"
"Just writing up our essays.. we had to write about what life was like in Victorian London?"
"Ohhh... Wait.. did you say our essays?"
Regina nods.
"I've been writing one for you.. I don't want to just sit around and let you do everything in the relationship... so I thought it'd be good to get off my ass and do something for the love of my life."

Maya blushes and turns Regina's head to look at her then kisses her. They both blush furiously.
'Damn she's so cuteeee!' Regina thought to herself.
Maya's stomach rumbles.
"Want some of my breakfast..? I made it five minutes ago I've barely touched it..."
Maya looks to Regina's sandwich she made. Egg and bacon. She picks it up then looks to Regina with an 'are you sure I can eat this' expression. Regina nods and Maya eats.

"Babe you're seriously the most amazing cook when it comes to bacon and eggs.."
Regina smiles and saves up her work.
"You dressed? Ready to go?"
Maya nods and grabs her schoolbag. She realises Kippie wasn't on the front like she usually was.
"Hey have you seen Kippie lately?"
Regina shakes her head.
"From what I've been told she's helping my dad with something."

Maya finishes her sandwich and heads out the door with Regina, waving goodbye to her parents.

Maths was first lesson.
"Alright class, we've got a new student joining our ranks today." Mr Kittridge addressed the class and looked towards the door.
"Come on in Mazoku."
A boy with vibrant red hair enters the room. He stands at the front of the class and glances around. His eyes set on Regina and a smile forms on his lips for a split second.
"Welcome to Sea Shell Bay Middle School. I'm Mr Kittridge. There's a spot next to Mackenzie at the back."
Mazoku nods his head and sits next to Mackenzie.

Regina glances over to Mozaku. He was physically attractive looking. Fit, lean, a clean face. Maya notices her looking and clears her throat. Regina turns back to her and Maya gives her a warm smile.

'That boy is kinda cute... of course not as cute as Maya..' Regina thought to herself.
Maya sighs a little and gets on with her work.

Break time arrives. Maya walks out with Regina, Rachel and Mackenzie and head to their usual sitting spot.
Mazoku smirks a little and follows them.
"Uh hey. I have no friends here. I were wondering if I could hang with you guys?"
Maya turns around.
'Maya say no several alarms are already going off up here. He keeps looking at our Regina. Maya say no say no say no!'
"Sure you can join us." Maya smiles warmly.
'Goddamnit you're an idiot sometimes..'

Mackenzie and Rachel sit on the bench.
"So tell us about yourself, Mazoku." Regina smiles as she leans against the bench.
"Uh please, call me Mazo. I come from Osaka. My dad's in the navy and my mom is a surgeon. I recently moved here with my uncle because my mom couldn't support me as she had to be at work almost all the time."
Maya's stern expression eases into a sympathetic one.
"Oh... that's... unfortunate.. are you alright?" Mays raises an eyebrow. Mazo notices her arms were folded, and she was stood in front of Regina. Were they...? Was she..?

Regina glances Mazo from behind Maya. She was definitely checking him out.
'Regina stop you're gonna make Maya jealous!'
'I can't help it he's just so good looking!'
Regina's conscience battled in her head.