what if Giyuu died?

Angst warning, this was requested by SataraKun2 so, in this AU, Giyuu charges at Douma and is bitten instead of Shinobu, so Douma eats him instead
...................................................................

Shinobu walked in the night. She went down a gravel path that led to a small forest. She had been there many times and knew the area like the back of her hand. She had found a small way behind bushes that led down to a lake. She reached in to her haori and pulled out a metal ring with silver carvings. She looked at the shiny object with sadness before sliping it on her finger. She continued onwards deep in thought.

 She continued onwards deep in thought

(Like this)

~Flashback time~

Shinobu and Giyuu had been paired up on a mission. They were making fast process in getting to the town that had been said to be haunted by a monster. Giyuu looked as focused as always and Shinobu took the time to apreaciate the calm admosfier.

-How hard do you think our mission will be this time? Shinobu asked. Giyuu didn't respond, he just kept walking. Shinobu sighed.

-This is why no one likes you tomioka-san. She said. Giyuu stiffened.

-I just don't see the point in talking about the difficulty of our task. We can handle it, were pillars. He said, not turning around. Shinobu left it at that.

When the two of them got to the village they saw that people where walking in groups and avoiding other groups.

They must be really scared. Shinobu thought. She looked around and tugged on Giyuu's sleeve.

-We can go there and keep watch. She said motioning to a nearby dining place.

The two demon slayers waited calmly and ordered something to eat, Giyuu taking salmon Daikon and Shinobu taking pork buns. Giyuu scanned the surroundings carefully, but as time went on and nothing came up Shinobu got up and left her payment for her food on the table.

-What are you doing? Giyuu asked.

-I will try to ask around. My innocent looks may be my card. She said as she skipped away. Giyuu looked at her nervously as she got to a group of four men.

Shinobu POV

-Hello, I was wondering if you could help me. I said as I approached the men with a smile. One of them checked me out very obviously. I acted like nothing happened and continued smiling.

-Sure sweets, what do you wanna know? One of them spoke up.

-I was wondering if you knew anything about this aledged monster. It would make me feel safer if I knew everything. I said sweetly.

-Why don't you come and eat diner with us first? Another guy said. I shook my head.

-I'm afraid I can't, I am in a sort of a rush. I said. Two guys grabbed my shoulders and I tensed up.