13 - Beach Boys

Tine's POV

"I would die for a threesome with those two" sighed one of my classmates as she followed Wat and Kong with her eyes.

No one outside of our circle and April knew about Wat and me. Everyone thought the twins were just out for a weekend together.

They looked delectable indeed.

They both wore white shorts and loose, bright hawaiian shirts that somehow seemed to show off their lean, muscular, tanned bodies to sinful advantage.

They lounged happily on beach beds by the ocean, laughing and watching the moonlight bouncing off the waves.

Meanwhile, our batch was assembled on the beach.

Our 4th year seniors had driven down earlier in the evening, and they were addressing us now.

"The purpose of SOTUS is to teach you the principles we engineers live by. When you're out in the real world, working on-site, a single mistake could cost lives.

The discipline, respect, teamwork and skills that you're learning through SOTUS from your first day as engineering students will hold you in good stead.

Never underestimate the importance of the values that you will inculcate in the next four years.

Your seniors from the 2nd and 3rd years have worked harder than you to conduct this year's SOTUS, in addition to their own projects and classes. Take a moment to appreciate and recognize their efforts."

We clapped and cheered loudly for our seniors. They waved and nodded and blushed.

Our 2nd and 3rd year seniors knelt on the sand and formed a bridge with the arms, and each of us walked across it. As we reached the other side, a 4th year tied a leather strap with the engineer's gear on our right wrist.

The 2nd and 3rd year seniors each tied a string around our left wrist, symbolizing the brotherhood of engineers.

It was a moving, symbolic end to our SOTUS experience as freshmen.

"Teepakorn, I have high hopes from you. Do me proud" said April as she tied the string on my wrist.

"Aye, aye captain" I said, saluting her.

"And tell Sarawat he owes me one" she said, winking at me with twinkling eyes.

I blushed a bright red.

My eyes searched for Wat. I couldn't see him or Kong.

Our phones were to be left in the room as instructed by our seniors. I'd given mine to Wat.

As I looked around, I saw a group gathered in one of the softly lit gardens by the pool.

From my camp experience, I knew it was most likely Kong. And Wat wouldn't be far.

Ohm, Fong, Phuak and I made our way to where a bunch of our classmates and seniors were sitting on the lawn.

Kong was singing while Wat played the guitar for him. Wat looked bored and a little uncomfortable with the attention.

He smiled radiantly when he saw me and as always, I felt like the luckiest man alive.

Kong finished his song and the crowd hooted and clapped.

Wat whispered in Kong's ear, and he nodded.

Wat played the chords to Close by Scrubb. He sang the lead, and Kong harmonized with him.

The twins held the crowd enthralled with their beautifully warm, deep, expressive voices that resonated perfectly together.

It was a soft, mellow version that somehow sounded exactly how Wat made me feel.