20 - Yours or Mine

Tine's POV

"Westend wins" said the announcer.

Screams and cheers echoed around the hall as hordes of girls chanted Earth's name.

They wore t-shirts that said "BAE" on the chest.

Wat looked on thin lipped and grim.

"You'll beat him, don't worry" I said soothingly.

Earth had scored 42 points all by himself in their quarter-final game on Tuesday. We had won ours the previous day. Wat had scored 33 points.

Earth was ahead by 6 points overall.

Earth looked up at the spectator seats. He saw Wat and me sitting with the rest of our team in the section reserved for championship players.

He smiled and waved at me. Wat grew stiff next to me.

"Two" he counted under his breath. Earth had congratulated me the previous day after we won our game.

"Only words count" I said strictly. I didn't want to be crippled for life.

"This was for you, Teepakorn" shouted Earth for good measure.

I buried my face in my hands and groaned.

"Happy? It's words now" spat Wat, irritated.

Across the aisle, an angry group of baes looked at me spitefully.

I hid my face in my jacket. "Between wasps and baes, I'd be lucky if I come out of this year alive."

Wat relented and put his hand around my shoulders. "I won't let anyone hurt you" he said, squeezing me.

I heard girls sighing and aww-ing at us.

"I can't wait for this to end" I grumbled.

*

"Can I join you? Thanks" said Earth, without waiting for an answer and sat at our table.

All the teams were eating at the stadium cafeteria.

"You played well today for a change. Almost good enough to deserve playing against us in the finals, if you make it" said Bright, teasing him.

Earth laughed.

"I have the right motivation these days" he said, looking at me.

I kept my eyes on my plate. I didn't even know what I was eating anymore.

"Guntithanon, you weren't too bad yourself yesterday.

If I may make a suggestion - if you tilt your supporting wrist by a few more degrees and spread your fingers just a little wider, your accuracy for long range shots will improve.

I've been watching Teepakorn. He's perfect in so many ways, including his stance and form" said Earth, supporting his chin on his palm and gazing at me.

"Thanks for the advice" said Wat, surprisingly civil.

Even Earth seemed taken aback.

"Wow, I was expecting a snarky comeback. Are you feeling alright?" asked Earth.

"You're an asshole but you know what you're doing on the court. If you tell me something about my game, I will consider it carefully" said Wat.

"And there's the Sarawat I know and hate" teased Earth in mock-relief.

I couldn't help but smile at Wat's face.

"And there's the Tine I want to know and love" sighed Earth.