14 - Rivals Again

Wat's POV

"This Fresher's Night thingy is stressing me out. I didn't even want to participate in the first place" whined Tine, burying his face in the pillow on his lap.

"Me neither. How come no one asked us?" I said bitterly, concurring with his sentiments.

The last thing I wanted was to parade around in front of the entire university like some sort of show horse.

"April said engineering has traditionally always done well in the Talent Show. I have no talents whatsoever outside of basketball" sniffed Tine woefully.

"That's not true. You are extremely, extremely talented in at least one other area" I said, smirking.

Tine blushed beautifully and threw a pillow at my face.

"Unless you want me to strip onstage, it doesn't help. Or maybe I should do it. I'll get the popular vote, at the very least" he said, considering it thoughtfully.

I pushed him on the bed and pinned his wrists above his head.

"Don't you dare. I'll chain you to the bed and punish you till you can't even stand let alone walk, if you ever even joke about exposing that beautiful body of yours to anyone other than me" I said, kissing his neck.

Tine sighed. "So I'm back to having no stage worthy talents then."

I let him go and propped myself on my elbow beside him.

"Who's the Campus Princess nominee from engineering?" I asked.

"It's this girl called May. She was apparently in some Miss Teen Thailand pageant, so she's already a frontrunner. Plus, she's a trained dancer.

I asked her to let me do a piece with her but her instructions were basically to stand in a corner and stay out of her way. Her confidence in me was refreshing" said Tine, rolling his eyes.

"Pear wants to recite a poem. She very sweetly offered me a role in it, but it's an ode to Boss.

I'm not even joking, it's literally named An Ode to Boss. I think it's her way of confessing to him. I don't want any part of it" I said, gloomily.

"Wow, that's bold of her. Love's given her wings" said Tine awestruck.

"Do you want to do something together?" I said, running some ideas through my head.

"Always" whispered Tine, pulling me to him and kissing me.

"Get your head out of the gutter, Teepakorn. Always so horny" I said in mock-annoyance.

"What did you have in mind then?" asked Tine, lying with his hands clasped behind his head.

I looked hungrily at him as he lay, his body stretched upwards, his nipples poking through his t-shirt.

"Pretty much the same things as you" I whispered and pounced on him. I'd forgotten what I was thinking about.

We lost track of time for a while.

Tine's POV

"Teepakorn, you cannot team up with another faculty's nominee for the Talent Show. It's a competition, not a feel-good free-for-all" snapped April.

She was fiercely competitive and had won the Campus Princess title in her freshmen year. I had a legacy to uphold.

"I have no idea what to do. I'm a simple, average guy" I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"You're a lazy idiot, but you're neither simple nor average. Dig deep, Teepakorn. Find something" said April, dismissively.

I was still digging deep as we had lunch. Wat had come to our faculty cafeteria.