Year 3

It's been some weeks since the last time the boys have wrote to the girls. Since then Fred has been informing Lizzie on every new thing he gets told about. Recently it has been that Ron's rat has been missing and he's been a panicking idiot for days. Ron thinks Crookshanks which is Hermione's cat killed him.

Fred then went onto to say about Buckbeck being sentenced to death by the ministry due to Draco telling his father and his father reporting it to the ministry. Before he then went on to tell Lizzie that Ron told him after Harry told Ron that by using the map that he seen someone he believed to be dead. Peter Pettigrew. Professor Lupin now has the map now as Snape was the one who caught Harry who was trying to see if he could catch Peter Pettigrew during the night but he saw nothing.

Before then telling Lizzie about Ron's rather disturbing class of Divination. Which ended with Hermonie kicking off and running off knocking a crystal ball out of the room which in turn Harry & Ron went after to collect. Which Harry returned to be greeted by professor Trelawney who seemed to be in a trance. Where she said that he will return tonight, which I'm assuming she means Sirius Black. After filling her in on all of that, he returns to the library to study for his NEWTs.

After Buckbeck's death as Ron, Hermione and Harry make their way back to the castle, they are interrupted by Ron squeal. "Ouch, he bit me." Ron says. "Who did?" Harry asks.
"Scabbers." Ron says before grabbing Scabbers. "Get back here." Ron says.

"Harry, you are aware of what tree this is?" Hermione asks.
"Oh no, Ron run!" Harry shouts.
"Harry, Hermione run! It's the grim!" Ron shouts as the dog dives over him and drags him by his ankle under the tree. "HELP!" Ron shouts as he is dragged under the Whomping Willow by the grim.

After Hermione and Harry battle the whomping willow and get thrown through the same hole Ron went in by. As they went in to a old dusty bedroom, to see Ron in the corner all shaky holding Scabbers. "Ron, you ok?" Hermione asks before adding "the dog, where is it?"

"It's a trap. He's the dog. He's an animagus." Ron squeals before a man coming out of what seemed to be a old wardrobe. "If you want to kill Harry, you have to kill us too!" Hermione says.
"No, only one will die tonight." The man says. "Then it'll be you!" Harry shouts. As Harry pushes the man down and puts his wand to his neck.

"Are you going to kill me Harry?" The man says then chuckles. Before Harry can kill him he is interrupted by Lupin disarming him. "Well, well Sirius. Looking rather ragged, aren't we?" Lupin says.

"Wait, you're Sirius Black?" Hermione asks. "In the flesh." Sirius says.
"You know him?" Harry asks Lupin.

"I found him." Sirius says.
"I know." Lupin says.
"It's him." Sirius says.
"I understand." Lupin says.
"Let's kill him!" Sirius shouts.
"No! I trusted you! All this time you were his friend! He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes." Hermione shouts.

"How long have you known?" Lupin asks. "Since Professor Snape set the essay." Hermione adds.
"Well, Hermione. You really are the brightest witch of your age." Lupin replies.

"Enough talk, Remus! Come on, let's kill him!" Sirius shouts.
"Wait." Lupin says.
"I did my waiting! 12 years of it! In Azkaban!" Sirius shouts.
"Very well. Kill him. But wait, Harry has the right to know why." Lupin says.

"I know why. You betrayed my parents. You're the reason they are dead!" Harry shouts. "No, it wasn't him. Somebody did betray your parents.... somebody who, until quite recently I believed to be dead!" Lupin says.
"Who, then?" Harry asks.

"Peter Pettigrew! He's in the room! Right now! Come out, come out Peter! Come out, come out and play!" Sirius shouts. Before being interrupted by Snape disarming Lupin and a arguement breaks out before Harry then disarming Snape before his wand at Lupin & Sirius.

"Tell me about Peter!" Harry shouts.
"He was at school with us. We thought he was our friend." Lupin says.
"No Pettigrew's dead. You killed him!" Harry says before pointing his wand to Sirius. "No he didn't. I thought so too, until you mentioned you seeing him on the map." Lupin says.

"The map was lying, then." Harry says.
"The map never lies! Pettigrew's alive! And he's right there!" Sirius shouts as he points at Ron. "Me, he's mental." Ron stutters. "Not you! Your rat!" Sirius shouts. "Scabbers has been in my family for..." Ron says.
"12 years. Curiously long life for a rat! He's missing a toe, isn't he?" Sirius asks. "So what!" Ron shouts.
"All they could find of Pettigrew was his...." Harry says.

"Finger. Dirty coward cut it off so everyone would think he was dead! Then he transformed into a rat!" Sirius shouts. "Show me. Give it to him, Ron." Harry asks. " What are you doing to him? Scabbers! Leave him alone!" Ron shouts before revealing the rat transforming into a man.

"Remus? Sirius. My old friends! Harry! Look at you! You look so much like your father! Like James! We were the best of friends..." Peter says.
"How dare you speak to Harry! How dare you talk about James in front of him!" Sirius shouts as he and Remus corners Peter so he can't escape.

"You sold James & Lily to Voldemort,
Didn't you?" Lupin asks.
"I didn't mean to! The dark lord. You have no idea the weapons he possesses! Ask yourself, Sirius! What would you have done?" Peter says.
"I would have died! I would have died, rather than betray my friends!" Sirius shouts.

"Harry, please your father wouldn't want me killed! Your dad.... your dad would have spared me....." Peter adds.
"You should of realised, Peter, if Voldemort didn't kill you, then we would! Together!" Lupin shouts.
"NO!" Harry shouts.
"Harry, this man..." Lupin says.
"I know what he is. But we'll take him to the castle." Harry says.

"Bless you, boy! Bless you!" Peter says as he kneels down to kiss Harry's feet. "Get off! I said we'd take you to the castle. After that, the dementors can have you." Harry shouts as they all begin to leave and return outside of the whomping willow.

"Sorry about the bite. I reckon it twinges a bit." Sirius asks.
"A bit? A bit?" Ron explains. "You almost tore my leg off!" Ron adds.
"I was going for the rat." Sirius adds before joking with Ron saying he may have to get his leg chopped.

After Harry & Sirius have a heart to heart talk before being interrupted by Hermione. "Harry!" Sirius and Harry turn around to see professor Lupin shaking dropping his wand before transforming into his wolf form.

Sirius tries to stop him but he didn't work, so Sirius transformed into his dog form to fight Lupin as he was going for Harry and his friends. Harry sees his godfather get tossed over a cliff down towards the black lake; in which he scurries off, to reveal Sirius lying there almost dead. Before a dementor swooped down to try take Sirius's soul.

Harry having lessons on the patronus charm with professor Lupin, earlier in the year, tried to fend them off but it didn't work. Harry too almost died too before he saw from the other side of the lake. A stag. A stag patronus that got rid of all the dementors.

The next morning, Harry woke up in the hospital wing.