1- Dinner Party (Historical)

I did a new thing-

Alexander Hamilton sat in silence, glaring first at Thomas Jefferson, who sat besides him on his left, then at George Washington, who sat across from him, then finally at his wife Eliza, who sat to his right.

"Alexander." Eliza's tone was strick. "Quit being so rude and eat your food. Mr. Jefferson here worked hard to prepare it!" Jefferson smiled cheekily at him and he scowled, turning to his food.

(Is it mac and cheese?!? 😲 Nobody knows...)

"Yes, Betsey." Hamilton finally replied, picking up his fork and scowling at it with distain.

One week prior, Eliza has finally had enough of her husband's and Jefferson's dispute. She then had the brilliant -or stupid, as Hamilton thought- idea of having Jefferson host a dinner party. She brought the idea to Washington, who happily agreed to attend, if only to keep the rivals from going at each other's throats.

"Son, stop glowering. It is child-like and inappropriate." Washington practically ordered, setting his own fork and knife down.

"Notcha son!" Hamilton muttered, glaring once again at his ex-comander.

"Alexander." Washington firmly stated, shooting the young man 'The Look™'.

Hamilton shrunk back into his chair. "I'm sorry, sir." He whispered. Washington nodded in satisfaction.

"Ooh, the dad look, ey Hammie?" Jefferson teased from besides him.

"Can it, Jefferson!" Sneered Hamilton.

Jefferson grinned. "And what if I don't?" He asked, letting his southern drawl slip through his words.

"I can ruin your career." Hamilton coldly offered, shrugging.

"Or," Jefferson's smile grew wider as he leaned closer, "You could go running back to your papa on those tiny legs if yours. I like to think he would be almost as pathetic as you, Hamilton."

At this, Hamilton lost his cool and stood up, slamming his hands on the table. "DON'T YOU DARE INSULT MY FATHER?" He yelled.

"Oh, see you're daddies little man~ he'll be so proud of you for standing up for him! Too bad you can't stand up for yourself." Jefferson encouraged, ignoring Washington's warning glare.

"I-" Just as Hamilton began to speak, thunder boomed ahead, catching everyone by surprise.

"Ah, I love the rain. Don't you, general?" Jefferson started, the whole father ordeal behind him.

"Yes, it's so.... Calming." Washington agreed. Both men turned to Hamilton, expecting a response. None came, however, as Hamilton was shaking ever so slightly, panic barely showing in his wide eyes.

"Aww, is big stwong Hammie afraid of a wittle wain?" Jefferson cooed in a baby voice, sticking his bottom lip out in an over-exagerated pout.

Hamilton vigarously shook his head. "N-no... I-I just-" Hamilton let out a small whimper as a second clap of thunder shook the house. "B-bathroom! W-where?" He gasped.

Washington -having spent many days within the Jefferson household- answered. "First door on your left-" he was cut off by a third clap of thunder. Hamilton yelped and bolted to the bathroom, slamming the door shut and sinking down to the floor, quiet sobs erupting from his mouth.

Not long after Hamilton's departure, a muffled scream of terror reached the three left in the dining room. The wind grew louder and rain began pounding at the windows as Washington and Jefferson exchanged a glance. Washington nodded and both men ran to the bathroom.

Upon arrival, Jefferson immediately threw open the door, only to reveal Hamilton, curled up in a ball, his small frame shaking, his eyes glassed open in terror, tears streaming freely down his cheeks, his mouth moving rapidly with words only he could hear.

"H-Hamilton?" Washington quietly asked. Hamilton's eyes slammed shut and his words became clear.

"N-no! The water— the water! I-it's rising!" He flinched when Washington sat down besides him.

"Hamilton! Can you hear me?!?" Hamilton whimpered in response. "Hamil- Alexander, it's me, George! You're safe!"

Hamilton slowly looked up at Washington. "G-George.... I can... I-I can see the bodies... I don't want to die, George!" Hamilton whispered, flinching at a roar of thunder sounded, much quieter now.

"Wha- Hamilton, there are no bodies here! There's no water, you're not going to die! You're safe." Hamilton's eyes began to clear ever so slightly.

"I-I'm.... Safe?" He asked. Washington nodded.

"You're safe, Alexander." Hamilton began to cry with relief, allowing Washington to pull him into his lap.

The rain continued on, but the thunder was silenced. As soon as Hamilton had calmed down, Jefferson stepped forward. "Hamilton, what was that all about?" He asked, his voice shaky.

Hamilton stared at his hands, paying no attention to the strong arms wrapped around him. "17." He finally replied.

"What?" Jefferson questioned, not understanding.

"I was seventeen. When...." He took a deep breath, "When the hurricane came. It was the worst one the Carribean had seen. I was stuck in the thick of it. My brother.... He was... He..." Hamilton looked down and sighed. "He didn't make it out... Lots didn't. I was forced to watch people... I watched them die... I watched loved ones being separated. I watched the water as it rised... Watch it climb to my neck... If it weren't for my friend, I would've died.

"I... I have serious PTSD from it. And anxiety. Storms.... They give me panic attacks, like the one you just saw. But I... I don't want to talk about it." Hamilton stood up, shaking off Washington's arms, and glared at Jefferson.

(Haha they didn't know what these were back then-)

"If you tell anyone -anyone- about this, I will not hesitate to kill you. Understand?!?"

Jefferson qrinned slightly. "Of course, Hamilton."

•The next day, in the cabinet meeting•

Hamilton walked into the room where the meeting was being held. The chatter previously flowing from the door ceased at once. Hamilton nervously looked around, walking through the crowd of representatives staring at him.

Hamilton reached his desk and set his briefcase down. "Uh... Hello?" He asked.

Just then, the room erupted into laughter as a flustered Washington set a wrinkled pamphlet on his desk. He curiously flattened it out and stared at it.

Dinner Party Mishap - Scr. Of  State Thomas Jefferson's account of an embarrassing dinner party in the presence of Pres. George Washington and Tres. Alexander Hamilton

Was the cover page. Hamilton's face flushed with anger, the pamphlet tearing in his grip, his knuckles turning white.

"THOMAS JEFFERSON!!!!!!!!!" Hamilton screached at the top of his lungs, his eyes burning with fury and embarrassment.