27- Insomnia (historical)

Soo... I can't sleep. It's, like, 10 pm.

So here's a cute One-Shot.
I'm hoping to keep it really short.

Enjoy
~

Alex couldn't sleep.

He had tried everything, writing, reading, staring into space until his eyes closed. Nothing worked.

He hated insomnia.

Alex sighed, rolling over once again, only to accedentally press up against one of the other aide-de-camps to General George Washington. There simply wasn't enough room in the small house for each aide to have a room to themselves.

Washington.

Alex opened his eyes. Washington had adopted him a few years ago, and, before the war, when Alex would get nightmares or just couldn't fall asleep, he would crawl into bed with his father. Usually he'd be out within a matter of minutes.

Alex flipped the blankets off of him and stepped out of the shared bed, shivering as his bare feet connected with the cold floor.

Alex stood up, silently making his way to the door, opening it as gently as be could. He slipped out of the room and let out a sigh of relief when tbe door closed behind him without a sound.

He looked around the dark hallway, padding towards the Generals room. He quickly discovered it, and slowly eased the door open. Unfortunately, it let out a loud 'creeeeak' with woke the general.

He shot up in bed and fractically looked around.

"Hello?" He whispered, his gaze landing of Alex.

"Hi." Alex responded.

"Oh. Alexander. What do you need? It must be at least 2 am!" Washington exclaimed, in a whisper, of course.

"I-I couldn't sleep. I was wondering, if I could sleep with you. Like when I was younger." Alex explained, studying the moonlight flooding through a window, feeling childish about the whole ordeal.

Washington was silent for a moment, then Alex heard the rustle of sheets being moved. Washington patted the empty space he had made beside him. "Of course, Alexander."

Alex grinned and moved inside the room, shutting the door behind him. He crawled into the bed, curling up next to Washington. Alex rested his head on Washington's chest, listening for the slow heartbeat of the General.

He found it, and closed his eyes, smiling softly as his father's strong arms wrapped around him. He knew that his dad would always be there for him.

Those strong arms would always be there to embrace him, and the slow heartbeat would beat for as long as the general lived.

Alex felt save in his father's arms, and finally, he fell asleep.

"I love you, dad." He muttered, just before darkness finally overcame him.

~

414 words not including this or the stuff above.

To me, them cuddling is fine, because me and my dad do it all the time.

So of it seems weird to anyone, I apologize. This is not Whamilton.

This is Washingdad and Hamilson.

Now imma try and go to sleep. Night 😴

(496 words- shortest one-shot I've ever written)