14- A Stranger's Number [Jamilton] (Modern)

Thanks, PurebloodDalek7 for the idea! (It's a bit different than the prompt but-)

I give you the peace offering of Jamilton fluff! Plz don't kill me next chapter-

Also I use "the guy" a lot so......

~Alex...

Alex groaned, banging his head on the handle of his shopping cart.

'Stupid fudging cereal!' He thought, raising his head to stare at the Captain Crunch cereal on the top shelf. (Fite me-)

It was Alex's favorite cereal -and the last thing in his shopping list. Alex had been having a bad day and was desperate to get out of the supermarket. Except he just couldn't reach the D*MN CEREAL!

Alex tried one last time, standing on his tippie toes and stretching his arm out as far as it would go. But it was all in vain- he still couldn't reach the cereal.

Stomping in frustration, Alex threw his head back and let out a cry of anger.

"UGH!"

Suddenly, he felt a light tap on his shoulder. Immediately alert, Alex spun around, prepared to attack the person behind him

"Need some help?" He asked, a southern drawl prominent in his voice. Alex couldn't reply, shocked at what he saw. Standing in front of him was a tall man with caramel skin and dark mocha eyes. His lips were twisted in something that resembled either amusement or worry -Alex couldn't tell which- and his face was framed with black, curly hair, styled in a small afro, and some stubble of the same color stretched from both ears to form a barely noticeable beard and mustache. His posture was a bit slouched, his right hand mid-air and his left hanging limply at his side. His dark purple shirt was tight on him- outlining every muscle. Alex noticed he wasn't exactly ripped, but he probably went to the gym often. Light blue pants contrasted perfectly with his grey running shoes and dark skin.

"Excuse me, sir," he cleared his throat, "Do you need some help?"

"O-oh!" Alex stuttered, blushing once he realized he had been staring. "N-no thanks. I-I got it!"

The taller man took a step back, skeptical of Alex's reassurance. "Really?"

"Y-yeah!" Alex chirped. "See?" Alex turned and attempted to snag the yellow box mid-jump.

Unfortunately, he failed miserably- much to the dark-skinned man's amusement.

"S-shut up!" Alex blushed harder as the man chuckled.

He shook his head with a small smile and quickly snatched Alex's food off the shelf- gently handing it to Alex. "Here."

"T-thank you."

"No problem." He smiled softly. Alex took the box and dropped it in his cart. "Oh, one more thing!" He put his hand on Alex's shoulder and handed him a slip of paper. Alex stared at it, not hearing the hasty retreat of his companion.

Call me ;)

xxx-xxx-xxxx

-Thomas Jefferson