19- Dad (Modern)

A/N-

Idk

🌪️

Alexander nervously followed Washington down the noisy school hallway, carrying a small sack lunch in one hand a biography on his favorite founding father -Lin-Manuel Miranda- in the other. No one seemed to notice Alex, and that was fine. All he wanted to do was read his book and no one really noticed him at 5'3. (I made him tinier >:3)

Washington opened a door and stepped inside a room, Alex close behind. Alex couldn't see most of what was in front of Washington until he suddenly moved aside, revealing Alex.

Washington's strong hand rested on his shoulder as he introduced Alex to the some 15 people sitting around a table. "This is Alexander. He's my adopted son and I invited him to eat here as it's his first day. Treat him nicely."

The teachers -Alex could tell by the landyards around some of their necks- all looked at Alex and began to introduce themselves.

Alex couldn't catch their names except one, Mr. Franklin. He was a history teacher and Alex had him third period. "H-hi..." Alex shakily replied, giving a small wave.

Washington smiled softly and led him to an empty sear next to Franklin. Alex sat his lunch and book down after seating himself. Washington sat besides him with a sigh, pulling out his own lunch.

Washington began to talk with Franklin and sone other teacher about something Alex didn't care about. Tuning the adults out, Alex opened his book and began to read.

A few pages in, Washington tapped his shoulder. "Alex, I'm going to go to the bathroom." Alex nodded, absorbed in his book. Alex could faintly hear Washington telling Franklin that he was to watch over Alex.

Alex didn't need watching over- he was 15! Silently scoffing, he unwrapped his sandwich with difficulty, as he was holding his spot at the same time. He eventually got it though, and began to eat.

Five minutes later, the door opened. Alex paid no attention, thinking it was Washington. The man sat down in Washington's seat and Alex suddenly called out, "Dad, what does lack-a-dai-si-cal mean?"

"Uh..."

Alex abruptly looked up to see man who was definitely not his dad. Short and pudgy, the man was balding with what remaining hair he had was bunched on the side of his head, giving him a striking resemblance to Mr. Burns from The Simpsons.

Alex froze. The teacher staring at him was Mr. Adams, the most hated teacher amung the students. What didn't help, was that Mr. Adams giving him a small smile filled with malice.

"'Dad', huh?" Adams asked. Alex opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. Adams picked up Alex's discarded bookmark- a miniture copy of Alexs' adoption certificate attached to a small picture of him, his brother, his mom, and his dad the day he was officially part of the family.

Adams held the bookmark up, pretending to examine it. "Cute. What would happen if..."

Adams grabbed the paper with both hands, and ripped the picture from the document. "Something were to happen to it?"

Alex screamed and leaped from his seat, dropping his book in the process, attempting to snatch his suevener. The other teachers in the room tried to help as best they could, but Adams blocked each of their attemps.

By now, Adams had completely destroyed his bookmark. Adams, having finished with him, shoved the crumpled paper scraps into Alex's chest and shoved him to the side, stomping hard on his beloved biography.

"NO!" Alex screamed. That was a library book.

Franklin suddenly reapeared, Washington right behind him.

🌪️

Washington heard someone run into the bathroom just as he was washing his hands.

"George!"

"Yes?"

"It's Alex-" Franklin started. "Adams ripped his bookmark and we tried to stop him but we couldn't- he somehow held us off!" Franklin panted.

Washington froze, an expression of fury crossing his face. Nobody messed with his son and got away with it.

Shutting off the faucet, Washington didn't bother drying his hands as he ran full-speed towards the teachers lounge.

Washington burst into the room after Franklin, immediately discovering Alex crying on the floor. Washington glared at Adams.

Helping Alex up, he clutched his shirt and sobbed into his side, all while Washington was rubbing his back soothingly.

"John Adams." He growled. "How dare you hurt my son?" Washington's eyes narrowed in anger. "The next time anything like this happens again, I will find you. And I will kill you. I don't care if it gets me fired. Now STAY AWAY FROM ALEXANDER!"

Adams gulped, regret in his eyes as Washington brushed past him and grabbed his and Alex's lunches, glaring at Adams the whole time, and ushered Alex out the door.

🌪️

"Don't you dare hurt my son *hisses like a snake*"