12- Valentine's Day Special [Hamliza] (Modern) {Part 1}

So.... I'm making too different Hamilton things bc HAMLIZA and JAMILTON-

❤️Alex❤️

Alexander walked into Mr. Washington's classroom, visibly ignoring the pink and red hearts plastered on the walls.

He silently made his way to his seat and sat down, sighing.

The bell rang and Washington stood up, handing out paper Alex could care less about.

"Put your name, your class period, and today's date at the top of your paper." Washington instructed.

Alex pulled out a pencil.

Alexander Hamilton, A1
2/14

Valentine's day.

Of course, he had a valentine. He would of suprised her today with maybe a box of chocolates, and a bouquet of roses.

But that would be too hard, considering Eliza Schuyler had joined the military about six months ago.

"I want to go and do something important. And if it means serving in the military and risking my life for my country, then so be it." She had told him the day before she left. Alex wholy supported her, but still couldn't help feeling a little disappointed watching couples giggle and kiss; holding hands and giving flowers and other gifts, chocolates, pink bears clutching hearts.

He felt.... Jealous, somewhat, walking down the hallway. Even breakfast was frustrating. Watching his adoptive parents -George and Martha Washington- swoon over each other, sneakily placing kisses on each other's cheeks as they bustled around the kitchen preparing breakfast and finishing some last-minute grading or something or another for school.

But when he thought about it, why wasn't he the one in the army? He usually hated stereotypes, but this one.... He didn't completely understand.

He was the man, shouldn't he be the strong one?

Thinking deeper about it, however, he realized that he tended to be weaker then his beloved Betsey. She was braver than him, and more confident as a young lady. One of the many reasons he was atracted to her in the first place.

And one of the reasons Eliza was the one to go instead of him.

"Hamilton!" Alex bolted up, slightly panicked, at Mr. Pacouski's booming voice.

"Yes da-... Mr. Washington?" He asked, his voice shaking. Shoot. He had almost addressed him as 'dad' in a public place! That title was reserved for private, period.

"Hamilton, what did I just explain?"

"Uh..." Alex responded sheepishly, "I-i don't know, sir."

Washington -despite being his father- fixed him with an annoyed glare. "I said, 'Today is Valentine's day. I realize that to some, this is a lonely holiday, and to others, it is happy. Therefore, I would like you to construct an essay detailing your veiws on said holiday. Today, and today only, I'm not looking for quality. Instead, I want quantity.

"If you don't know what quantity means, them I have failed as your English teacher." Few people laughed at the joke, as it had already been told. "After you are done I have a little suprise. Your 40 minutes start now."

❤️Gwash❤️

Washington returned to his desk, a small smirk painted on his face, hiding the glimmer of annoyance he felt at having to explain twice, just because his adopted son was off in his own world.

❤️Eliza❤️

"Hey 'liza." Eliza looked up to see Bethany Rodgers, a close friend of hers, and one of her bunkmates. She quickly moved over so Bethany could sit next to her.

"Hey Beth, what's up?" Eliza responded. Beth sat down with a heavy sigh. Leaning back on her elbow she turned to face her friend.

"Today's valentines day. Can you believe it, already six months!" She spoke with a heavy western accent.

"Haha, yeah. Six months doesn't seem that long when they're drilling you to the core!" Eliza laughed. 'But, Happy Valentine's day, Beth."

Beth smiled. "Thanks." She looked down to see the folded paper in Eliza's callused hand. "Ya got someone back home?" She asked.

Eliza's gaze sorted and she smiled. "Yeah. Alexander Hamilton. Boyfriend of two years! In fact, I'm actually going to suprise him at his college today."

Beth flashed a strained smile. "Cute. Well, I better be going, gotta clean the barracks today. Hooray for me!" She sighed, standing up. "See ya around, 'Liza. And good luck with that boyfriend of yours~" Beth winked, causing Eliza to blush.

"Bethany Rodgers!" She gasped, feigning an accused look.

Bethany laughed. "Jus' teasing, sugar!"

Eliza scrunched up her nose then stuck out her tounge. "See ya, Beth!"

❤️ Beth ❤️

She has a boyfriend.

She has a boyfriend.

Elizabeth Schuylar has a boyfriend!

"There go my chances of dating the cutest girl in the history of girls." Beth remarked in a quiet whisper. "Happy Valentine's Day indeed, Bethany Rodgers."

Sighing, she made her way outside into the cool air. "Lucky guy, that Alexander Hamilton." She sniffled, wiping her tears away.

❤️Author❤️

'I think I'm going to end it here on a cliffhanger and do a part two.' Lafayette thought to herself, hunching over her phone at the deserted dinner table. She giggled. "Sounds like a plan~"

Laf turned to the invisible camera called Wattpad pointed at her. "Bethany Rodgers is an OC I made up right before I typed her name. If y'all want a little backstory on her, comment below! Hope you enjoyed and Happy Valentine's Day!"