37- Wartime (modern) [part 1]

Request from Idontlikepeople311!!!

Thank you!

~

General Washington couldn't believe it. They were right in the middle of a war, that was started because Britain had had enough of America being independent.

If they didn't like it, why hadn't they said anything for the past 200 years?!?

Washington groaned. He couldn't stand this camp any longer.

Stalking out of the large tent he called out to one of his aides- who also just happened to be his son.

"Colonel Hamilton!" Hamilton came running.

"Sir!" He shouted, saluting the General.

"Walk with me?" He asked. Alex nodded, stepping in time with the General.

They were thankfully close to the edge of the camp, so they didn't really have to talk to anyone. Well except Charles Lee- Washington put him in charge and continued on, ignoring his protests, Hamilton giggling besides him.

They crossed the boundaries of camp and walked in silence for a few minutes before they began to talk.

Even then, they didn't talk much. They just relished each other's company- in the war, it was hard to be with Alex as his father, not his boss.

It was nice.

Alex

Me and dad walked together in silence for about 2 and a half hours. I assume we walked about five miles. We walk fast- in the army you sometimes had to get somewhere quick and couldn't find a vehicle.

Suddenly, I heard an unnatural rustle in the bushes. I stopped, and so did dad.

"Alex?" Dad asked.

"Shh..." I whispered. "I heard something." We stood still and listened.

Five minutes had passed and the rustle hadn't returned. Dad shrugged and continued to walk. I shook my head and followed him, jogging to catch up.

We walked for another good ten minutes before three British soldiers burst from the bushes. I screamed, but dad just casually pulled out his gun and shot one of the men dead. The whole thing took literally five seconds.

The second man looked down at his fallen companion with a white face, looked up again to stare at dad and his gun, then took off.

The third man started shooting at dad, but he dodged the bullets and fired back, shooting this one dead as well.

But not before he shot Dad in the leg.

Dad let out a muffled scream and clutched his leg. Or maybe it was me who screamed.

I think it was me.

And suddenly three more men jumped out. They were blocking the way we had come. We were out numbered, and Dad couldn't run 5 miles back the way we came.

And what if there were more soldiers waiting to ambush the camp?

I quickly pulled out my own gun and rapidly shot them, while running after dad who had got the stupid idea to run when he was just crouching in his own blood.

Sigh.

The British men were chasing up, but I somehow managed to shoot all three of them before they got very far. I have no idea how, but I did.

By now we were in a part of the forest I didn't recognize, but thankfully there was a road a few meters in front of us.

We quickly ran to the edge and waved down a passing truck. Dad needed medical attention- and fast.

The truck pulled over and a man came out, looking concerned. He saw our uniforms and rushed over, helping Dad into the back seat where he could lay down and I climbed in besides him, setting my pack down and grabbing some bandages and wrapping Dad's leg as best I could.

Dad groaned a bit, closing his eyes but not quite going unconscious. The man didn't talk to us, he only drove for another five minutes until we got to a house.

The man instructed us to stay in the truck while he ran into the house. He reappeared soon with a woman (presumably his wife) and a stretcher.

He helped me roll Dad onto it, rushing him into the house and onto a couch, where I say with him.

The man rushed out again, but soon returned with a medical kit- turns out he was a doctor.

THIS HAS TAKEN TOO LONG AS IT IS I'LL HOPEFULLY MAKE A PART TWO

keyword: hopefully

ANYWAYS Idontlikepeople311, I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS!