16- First Snow [Lams] (Historical)

It's Alex's first year in America and the continental army. (Not historically accurate but-)

As a result, he's never seen snow.

So what happens when Alex wakes up to the first snowfall of the season?

Lams and Gwash fluff :3

~

Alex shivered and pulled his thin blanket tighter to his body, curling up to preserve his warmth. His teeth chattered and he shivered again. It had never gotten this cold in the Carribean.

Even if he had hated those islands, he had to admit the year-long warmth was appreciated.

Alex shivered yet again and finally gave up on attempting to extract any wamth from his blanket and instead sat up and opened his eyes. He let out a sigh and a little yelp of suprise excaped with it as he saw a white cloud form in front of his face.

Entranced, he lifted his arm to touch it, but it disdapated before he could. Frustrated, he let out a second breath. It was warm to the touch.

Weird.

Frowning, Alex gathered his blanket around him and slid off his cot in search of more blankets. His bunkmates seemed to be perfectly fine in this weather, sleeping soundly, some letting out soft snores.

How could they stand this cold? Alex thought to himself. Shaking his head in disbelief, Alex made his way to the entrance of the tent and pushed it open.

The ground was covered in white. The tents and trees had layers of white on them, and even more was falling from the sky, illuminated and sparling in early morning sunlight.

Alex gasped. It was beautiful. But... What was it?

And how did it come so fast?

A third thought suddenly consumed his mind.

Is it dangerous? And why is everyone oblivious to it???

Cold forgotten, Alex stepped out of the safety of his tent, yelping as his foot sank a few inches into the mysterious substance.

It was cold!

Alex's breath quickened. The cold, white stuff had ate his foot!

"General Washington!!" Alex yelled, disturbing the crisp silence.

Alex suddenly lifted his foot and, much to his suprise, it came out! Alex's fear greatly subsided, but he still had to warn Washington.

Alex took another step and watched in fasination as his feet left deep holes behind him.

"General Washington!!" He yelled again, quickening his pace.

He began to sprint to the Generals tent, panicking ever so slightly from the fridged air burning his lungs. (Y'all know what I mean-)

"General Washington!" Alex called out a third time, reaching the Generals tent, throwing open the flap and running inside, only to run directly into the General himself.