10- Phildoshia (A Million Dreams) [Sort of Modern]

Moved from song-shots to One-Shots. I deleted the other one.

So... I had the inspiration to make a one-shot like story where Philip and Theodoshia sing A Million Dreams from The Greatest Showman together! But just know, I don't own the lyrics or Hamilton!

Bold: Singer
Italic: Lyrics

Enjoy!

~•~

A young boy, maybe 10, sat alone on a grassy hill, watching the sea below in silence. A young girl, about the same age came up from behind and sat next to the boy.

"Theodoshia..." The boy looked at his companion. "How'd you get out?" He asked.

Theodoshia smiled sadly. "The window." She replied softly. A small smile crept across the boys face as he chuckled. It was wiped off, however, with Theodoshia's next words. "Philip, Father's sending me off to boarding school. I don't know what my future will be..."

Philip looked at Theodoshia. "I do." Theodoshia looked to Philip, searching his eyes for an explanation.

"I-" She was cut off by Philip beginning to sing.

[Young Philip]:

I close my eyes and I can see,
The world that's waiting up for me,
That I call my own...

Philip stood up, grabbing Theodoshia's hand and pulling her up with him. "Follow me!" He said, running into the nearby forest.

Through the dark, through the door,
Through where no one's been before,

Philip stopped and began to climb a fence covered in ivy and moss. Slowly but surely, Theodoshia followed the boy.

But it feels like home!

Philip jumped from the top and ran with his friend into a gigantic, abandoned mansion.

They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy
They can say, they can say I've lost my mind
I don't care, I don't care, so call me crazy
We can live in a world that we design...

Philip pushed open the heavy doors and led the way inside, Theodoshia's hand held firmly in his. He led Theodoshia on a tour of the house, showing her everything.

'Cause every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake

The two danced around the house, laughing and screaming together.

I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
A million dreams for the world we're gonna make~

A few days after their adventure, Theodoshia is scheduled to go to her boarding school. She reluctantly climbed into the car just as Philip exits her house with his dad. He drops the fabric he's carrying and runs to hug his friend, a hug that her father rejects.

There's a house we can build
Every room inside is filled
With things from far away
The special things I compile
Each one there to make you smile
On a rainy day

Everyday, Philip writes a letter to his Theodoshia, telling her all about his adventures.

And each day, Theodoshia receives a letter and eagerly reads it, writing her own response.

They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy

As the years pass, Philip tells Theodoshia more things, including his beloved father's passing.

They can say, they can say we've lost our minds
I don't care, I don't care if they call us crazy

Philip now lives on the streets, stealing food and trying to survive. Yet he still maneges to write to his Theodoshia.

Runaway to a world that we design!

A story he told Theodoshia was when some boys stol his food and an old lady kindly gave him an apple of hers.

[Philip Hamilton]:

Philip and Theodoshia, now reunited as adults, run and dance like their younger selves beneath railroads, shrouded in fog, laughing and smiling.

Every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
A million dreams for the world we're gonna make..

Philip nervously rings the doorbell to Theodoshia's house, immediately being greeted by her father. He glares down at Philip, but turns around to watch his daughter gracefully make her way down the staircase. Philip's smile widened at the sight of his beautiful soon-to-be wife.

[Theodoshia Burr and Philip Hamilton]:

However big, however small
Let me be part of it all
Share your dreams with me
You may be right, you may be wrong
But say that you're bring me along
To the world you see
To the world I close my eyes to see
I close my eyes to see

The young couple adopted enter their new house and reflect upon their time sending letters everyday to each other over an inside picknick.

Every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake

Day becomes night and Philip, like so many times during his childhood, leads Theodoshia outside, to dance in the moonlit city.

A million dreams, a million dreams
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
A million dreams for the world we're gonna make...

The couple's dance slowly comes to a stops as Philip hugs his wife's first baby bump.

For the world we're gonna make....