6- You Are My Sunshine (Modern)

TW:
Suicide (overdose ;-;)
Insomnia
Mentions of panic attack

Alexander Hamilton had insomnia. He had sleeping pills to help with it. He had a good dad, went to a good school, has a boyfriend.

Correction, had a boyfriend.

John Laurens, was his name. He was Alexander's true love. His everything. His soulmate. Until three months ago, when John was hit by a car that ran a red light on the street he was crossing. He went to the hospital. He was almost fully healed. He was ready to go home.

But his heart had other plans.

It failed.

His heart stopped.

John Laurens was murdered.

By his own body.

And Alexander drespretly wanted to join his lover, hanging onto life if only to support John's family through their sons death.

Not that Henry Laurens cared.

The very fact that John's own father could care less about his sons death tore Alexander apart, inside and out.

Everything seemed to tear Alexander apart these days.

Every flower, reminded him of John. Every steet corner, reminded him of when they would talk and laugh.
Every restaurant, reminded him of that day when John Laurens became his boyfriend.

He couldn't even bear to look at the small doodles lining the edges of his notebooks, drawn by John when Alexander worked too hard.

He couldn't look in the quest room, where John would usually stay. The light switch, covered with turtle stickers, the lone toothbrush sitting on the counter. The half-full toothpaste tube John would steal from Alexander every night.

But the hardest thing, was waking up in the morning. Checking his phone for those good morning words.

[One message from:]
❤️ Jacky ❤️
G'morning lexi! dont 4get ur lunch and ill c u @ scool! Ily ❤️

Those texts didn't come anymore. He forgot his lunch almost every day. It reminded him of John. He sat in silence with Laf and Herc, remembering how John lightened the mood. Always ready to crack a joke, his beautiful smile brightening any room. But it would never happen again.

John was dead.

And Alexander....

He was dead as well.

On the inside, at least.

But he was ready.

Alexander was ready to join his lover.

He had the pills.

He had the note.

He had the place.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The final bell rang and Alexander watched as students swarmed out of the classroom, leaving only him and his adoptive father -and teacher- George Washington alone. Alexander took a deep breath, gathering his stuff, and approached Washington.